1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of Pride today

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Really, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Really

Pride has been going on for about a week here, I think, and today I took in some of the sights.

I walked around the festival grounds at the beach where the parade was set to end. There were all sorts of booths. Some LGBTQ related (local resource centre, health initiatives, t-shirts for people who like boobs...) and some not (banks, Cancer awareness, Real Estate co., Organ Donation, merch for sale...) and food & drink tents.

Many of the vendors were handing out stuff. I got some shoelaces, a sample of breakfast cereal and a few condoms and lube samples. (They were handed to me by girls and it would have been rude to refuse, right? They expire in 2017 so they might be useful one day - in an alternate format).

I took a few pictures but they're basically distance shots of the tent tops. Interesting, right?

I didn't wait around for the parade to arrive as it was scorching hot and it was already getting quite crowded. The last time I saw a Pride Parade, it was the scariest thing I'd ever seen. :wink: I was about 11 and my family was in San Fransisco, in a hotel cafe and the parade went right by the window. Costumes, colours and all that. Mind you, I was the kind of child who was scared by and cried at all the movies my parents took us to. Doctor Doolittle, Fantasia. So yeah, a bit of visual overload. Probably could have handled it today except for the heat and the growing crowd.

Saw all sorts of people and quite a few, what looked like het. couples but now that I'm thinking about it some of them could very well have been trans but who knows.

Anyhoo, that was happened today.

2. Vampire

That's such an awesome experience! I wish I was there.