1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

almost let the cat out of the bag.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by looking for me, Aug 6, 2014.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    we were sitting around the lunchroom at work today, and some women were talking about the upcoming Tim McGraw concert. one lady was asked if she was going, no she said im not that into his music, but man he is easy on the eyes. and i almost said, "yep, sure is...." nearly bit my tongue off keeping myself from saying it. close one:lol:

2. likethewind

likethewind Guest

That's great. And I agree...

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he is hot, but im not out at work and it would be very uncomfortable to be out there, plenty of homophobic attitudes there. and from people who should be educated enough to not be, education degrees, sociology etc. but based on comments, ignorant.

4. Jim1454

That's too bad. I guess it depends on the size of the organization - but is there a separte HR department that you could go to? We have an 'employee resource group' for the LGBT community. Just having that group sanctioned by the company sends the message that the company is supportive, and not tolerant of homophobic slurs. It is also baked into our 'code of conduct' that bullying and discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity is not permitted.

Thankfully I work in a large company that has those things in place. I also work an area that is more educated and accepting. I also live in (near) Toronto which is probably the most accepting place in the country - all working in my favour.

As for Tim McGraw - I guess he's OK. The cowboy hat throws me off a little. :slight_smile:

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks Jim, there's a lot of lip service given to respect etc. but in practice? Meh! there may come a point where i come out here but it's really none of their business, at least thats what i keep telling myself.:lol:

as for Tim. it wasn't the hat i was looking at:eusa_naug it was everything else.:icon_wink