1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

today is an UP day

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by oneday004, Aug 15, 2014.

1. oneday004

Hiya everyone,
    Today was one of the best days Ive had in a long time. First a long time girlFRIEND ( the first person other than family that I came out to) went for a manicure/pedicure. Did some shopping for clothes then had lunch. Total acceptance on her part, she noted my good fashion sense and told me I did not need her help to pick out clothes. Lunch was special with her cause she shared things girls dont share with other men (at least the straight ones). As time goes on I think my gaydar is improving or im not shy to use use it as I get smiles and waves back in return. BUT, the best thing I can tell you is that I met a guy online a while ago and tomorrow is our first coffee date. We are both looking for the same things, Im really optimistic, but am trying to not hold any great expectations so I dont get disappointed.

Where I am today is in part due to this site. It told me I am not alone in my stuggles and if I did struggle there were people to listen. I know my world may crash and burn next week , but I have more inner strength than before, and this site as support.

thanx all (!):icon_bigg:icon_bigg

2. flowerpot14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you one day! It's great you've had such a great day. Of course, I hope those hands and feet are looking fabulous too.

:slight_smile: Flowerpot

3. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (!) Whoo hoo Oneday, Good for you! Best of luck with the coffee date, too. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

4. Candace

Cooool! :grin: I'm glad to hear it :slight_smile: