1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I never thought I'd say it...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by likethewind, Aug 16, 2014.

1. likethewind

likethewind Guest

... but I decided I'm going to a gay bar tonight. It's a beautiful night, and even though I don't drink, I've never been to a gay club/bar. So I'm going to give it a try. Seems like it is the most popular way to meet other gay men. I'm going in with a "nothing ventured, nothing gained" attitude. We'll see how it goes...

2. One Man Army

Good on you, let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

3. DanielSmith

Good luck!
    You can't say you don't like it if you haven't tried it:wink:
    Let us now if you had a great time?

4. Criss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds great. I mean.. at the end clubs are clubs, whether straight or gay. Your 'business card' is appereance (and how couldn't it, with all that loud music). I'd like to give it a try too one day, obviously just to have fun.
    So have fun and tell us how it goes!

5. likethewind

likethewind Guest

I didn't go through with it. Arrived at the place -- there were some people going in and others hanging out front. Didn't seem like a crowd I would socialize with, so I got some ice cream nearby and came home. I'm really not a "bar" kind of guy...

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perfectly fine either way, it's not the only, and probably not the best place to meet others. Give yourself a pat on the back that you went as far as you did!

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm now worried that I've been a bad influence on you. :lol: Ok seriously, have fun, and enjoy. I recommend choosing one which puts on a show, not just because it's entertaining, but because it's easier, as a newbie, to sort of 'blend in' to the crowd, watching it. Where I go, it's a kind of 'burlesque' act, with dancing, a bit of comedy, and some pretty good costuming (though I wouldn't say they were over-burdened with clothes :wink:).

I just read your latest post...well never mind, as I've written elsewhere myself, I go for dancing really, I do not expect to actually get to talk much to anyone (talking there is very rare).

#7 Damien, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  8. BiPenguin

Enjoy yourself.