1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I stood up to my ex homophobic church and told them I will be cutting ties with them

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by stocking, Aug 17, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not really a coming out story but sorta because my homophobic church thinks I'm lesbian which indeed I am .
    Well today my parents and I went back to the homophobic church, my parents told me they were just going to say hello to everyone then leave . My parents ended up staying there long then , one of the older ladies from the church I've know as a teen came out with her hands folded and my dad smiling ear to ear came behind her . My dad then left her and I to talk then she asked me why ,I didn't want to come in because she heard from my parents that I didn't want to come . I politely said it's because you and I have different views on things and if you knew my views you will not care or want me in your church anymore .
    That's when she questioned me about it not getting what I was saying , that's when the pastor came out saying why didn't I come in , and I told him the same thing I told her and that's when he said " Oh I get what you mean your talking about homosexuality "
    He then he said it's a sin . I told him that I had friend who was gay and I want to support him ( Lame I know but it's true and I want to support myself too ) Then he told me not to let others influence me and that some evil people try to drag you down with them . Then they asked why the sudden changed I said after being around a few gay people I realized they are just like us and no different . They then started explaining how being gay is wrong and they also said bisexuality too , and how only people like a man and women should only be together because they can reproduce .
    I then asked them so if a woman can't give birth and she's with a man is she sinning too and what about old people should they not marry because they can't have children and what about people that choose not to reproduce . That's when they got upset and walked off but before walking off they told me I don't know what happened to you but you need help and you shouldn't let these people turn you this way .
    When my mom came back she was so upset saying ,I embarrassed her and that I'm such an awful person and how I ruined the day for her . She then said " Now the pastor is going to think Your gay "
    I then yelled at her and said
    " How am I embarrassing you by saying I support gay people ."
    she then ignored me for most of the trip and refused to talk to me .
    She told me that the people at church think I'm crazy and need help and that I had fallen into an evil way . Like I didn't see this coming .:rolle:
    Also I feel bad for this but when she asked me if I was a lesbian I told her I was straight I kinda feel bad but I think telling her I'm a lesbian would have added more fuel to the firer

I feel good about what I did and don't regret it even if I get lot of heat for it .

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Re: I stood up to my ex homophobic church and told them I will be cutting ties with t

I'm rooting for you!

Keep it up, you're doing great, and I'm proud!

(*hug*)

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: I stood up to my ex homophobic church and told them I will be cutting ties with t

Thanks Raven (*hug*)

4. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

I'm proud of you for standing your ground when they tried to do this zerg-rush bull**** on you. I'm sorry you have such ignorance around you. Even today! Aagh. You deserve better than this idiocy. (*hug*)

5. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

What you did was brave, and it was the right thing to do. All I can really say is that the people who REALLY love you will accept you for who you are. And you know what? Screw all the people that don't.

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

That's great! I don't know if I'd have had the courage to do that. Good job!

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Stocking, is it possible for you to get out on your own? from some of your posts this is not a healthy environment or relationships that your parents have with you. to tell the truth, im kind of worried about you. you are a strong person for dealing with your home life and standing up to such poor believers in Christ

#7 looking for me, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  8. Ryujin

Congratulations to you! I'm sure it took a lot of effort, but it's their opinions which are backwards and wrong, not yours.

It's a pity I grew up in an atheistic family really, arguing debating with a priest (and winning) sounds like fun.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I can't go on my own at the moment but I'm trying to get it to happen , which is hard .

10. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yeah right, cos that's the main reason why folks get hitched up, or have sex - not. Such hypocrisy; most of the time folks have sex, it's for either pleasure or emotional connectedness; much less often, it's for conceiving a child. I admire your courage, but I'm sorry you had to endure hearing their bs. Don't give it a second thought.

11. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Woot! Awesome...very impressive!

I get the thing about not wanting to come out explicitly...all things in their time. For now, it's a huge victory that you stood a ground that was important to you. Take that in, and let it strengthen you for the next step.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I agree with you , People have sex for pleasure or emotional connectedness . I hate how they try to say marriage and sex is just about reproducing . I just had it with that church , heard from the woman I was talking with that a gay guy had come to their church and they had kicked him out and banned him from coming there by just treating him so awful . I saw the smile on her face when she said " I'm so glad he left " I forgot to list this . I didn't tell them I was lesbian because these people are a bit looney and will probably convince my mother to make them do some crazy pray the gay thing on me . I honestly want nothing to do with them .:dry:

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2014 at 07:17 PM ----------

Thanks biAnnika

13. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only

Wow! You're so brave! I loved what you did!

You come out at your own time though. If you're not ready to come out yet then don't.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I'm not ready to come out yet so i'm going to wait but I still think my parents are in denial because she's like don't say such things because people will think your gay . I'm just going to enjoy my life .

15. Candace

Congratulations! :clap: That must have taken a lot of guts for you to do. Cheers to you for mustering up the courage to do so :slight_smile:. A job well done!! :slight_smile:

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Thanks so much . :icon_bigg

Now my mom is questioning me on what I told them and how I shouldn't care and saying Oh I never heard homophobic things from him . It's like denial denial :rolle:

17. CyclingFan

I'm so gladdened that you stood up for yourself.

18. Hatsune Miku

you are a bamf

19. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

What's a 'bamf'? Is it something along the lines of, 'bad ass ... ...?

20. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Congrats on standing up to them! That is not an easy thing to do at all.