1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you use for hair loss?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by QueerTransEnby, Aug 22, 2014.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 31 and seem to be losing my hair rapidly. I am poor, but I am looking for a low cost solution for hair loss. It's thinning out more than anything. The pattern still has some hair at the front. Help me win this battle before it's too late. :help:

2. Al123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not much you can do. See my picture (the real me). Accept what you cannot control. You can spend lots of money on Rogaine and other treatments, and that may help for a couple of years, but in the end it is what is (like your sexual orientation). Keep you scalp protected with sunscreen and hats.

3. Really

Do you eat a well balanced diet with sufficient protein? I mean real food, here. If it's not genetic male pattern baldness, diet can be a factor. Or stress. Or some other recent change which you can discuss with a doctor. Good luck.

4. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do I use for hair loss? A razor. Consider yourself lucky you live in an age where shaved heads are fashionable (for men of all ages), and toupees have virtually disappeared. If a razor is too extreme for you, consider a buzz with hair clippers and a 1/8" comb.

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a thinning patch on the top of my head, and was losing hairs every day. I used to find these strands all around the place. Anyway, this wasn't the reason I started learning Tantric sexual methods, but after I learned how to enjoy sex, and even orgasmic sensations, without ejaculating, and how to circulate the sexual energy through my body, first my hair stopped falling out, then it started growing back again. I was not the first to notice that the lost hair was growing back; it was others who pointed this out.

I know this sounds really hard, and honestly I've never found anyone else who is interested, but basically, if you can learn how to have sex without ejaculating (please note, there is a bit to learn though, and you need to do it properly; it's not enough to simply stop ejaculating, you need to also circulate the energy - however yes anyone can learn this, it's not as difficult as it sounds), I'm pretty sure you will get the same result. In my case there is a clear and direct correlation: I was steadily losing hair for years, and after I learned the energy work, it stopped falling out and began growing back. And I still get to have sexual pleasure, although the orgasms that I draw up my spine are exceedingly mild as I'm still only a beginner. But still, my hair's growing back and I have no intention of going back to spilling my seed like I used to.

By the way, one does not have to impose this restriction on one's lover; in my case, I am only to happy to satisfy my lover's wish to get blown to kingdom come, if that's what they want, so long as they don't mind me holding on to my own semen. Maybe once I've regained all of the lost hair, and it's thickened up a bit more, I will 'treat' myself to a full ejaculatory orgasm once in a while, but for now, I'm saving the precious stuff.)

#5 Damien, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    son look at the picture in my shoes album, this is a loosing battle. I use a hat, my head does get cold out here surrounded by the Atlantic.

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

My hair started to turn grey at age 24, now it is mostly white. I toy with the idea of coloring it permanently, have tried it on occasion but in the end coloring it is like a bad toupee.

If you are judged by your hair you need new fiends, if you judge yourself by hair you need to rethink. I judge folks by what's in their head and in their heart.

Battling it is wrong approach. I like a guy who shaves his head or keeps it short.

Tom

8. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually shave my head bald, because it looks great on me and it's very uncommon for a 22 year old college student to shave his head bald, so it brings me a lot of attention.

I know a lot of older guys that have the bald spot, and recently I told on of my coworkers to shave it bald. He looks x10 better, to be honest. Rather bald than have a bald spot.

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it is male pattern baldness, often associated with a very hairy chest and beard, oily skin, and other very male features, there is not a whole lot you can do about it but grow a nice beard and embrace "the look". Rogaine (Minoxidil) can affect the hormones that trigger the hair loss, and might reduce the loss or even grow some of it back for some men, but not all men respond to it. You can give that a try if you want to. You could also do some hair transplants, but that is not cheap and tends to result in a fairly thin quantity of hair due to practical limitations of the implanting process.