1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Things!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SimpleMan, Aug 22, 2014.

1. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I tend to post regarding my anxiety and loneliness, but I wanted to share some good things happening in my life for a change.

I started a new job at the beginning of the month that I love. It's really challenging, pay isn't great, but the work is incredibly meaningful. Plus the leadership is gay friendly. Not officially out to anyone there, but if relationship talk comes up I think I am comfortable sharing that I am gay.

Took part in a 200 mile relay this past weekend and had a lot of fun. It was the kick-off event for a new foundation that a good friend (and former boss) has started. I've been out to him since April and this was my first opportunity to talk to him in person about it. Great friend and very supportive. We were even talking about it at a race exchange with lots of people around and I didn't feel too self-conscious about it. I was also asked to be on the board of directors for this new foundation and I accepted the position. Pretty exciting!

Still a part of a gay men's group once a week and it has helped me to see things in a less scary light. (Though I have a ways to go.)

Still pretty socially isolated, but gaining self-confidence will help with that I hope. I am just happy to be making progress. I can't pretend that I don't still have moments of deep emptiness, but now those feelings tend to pass more quickly. It's starting to get better and that is enough. :slight_smile:

2. CyclingFan

That sounds like great news, simpleman. Enjoy the upswing. :slight_smile: