1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public signs

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by skiff, Aug 23, 2014.

1. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all,

Anybody dating knows being gay is a numbers game and being at the right place at the right time. With that said how does one self identify as gay publicly without adopting affectation or wearing a rainbow?

Over the years there have been signs but as straights became aware of them, or adopted them they became useless.

Are there current conventions in the gay world that address the numbers game and quietly state you are gay?

I wear a rope bracelet but otherwise my sexuality is as invisible as any straight person's. (Not that the bracelet says anything but "different") This may not play well into actually meeting other available guys.

[​IMG]

How do we address the numbers game? I am looking to date, not to hook-up, but dating requires meeting. Sick of what I am finding at gay venues and therefore relying on my circle of life and friends.

Tom

2. Really

Ha! That's a nautical bracelet. I have one if those but didn't know what it was and one day at work this guy asked me if I sailed. I was like, "Uhm. What?" then he indicated the bracelet. Oh!
    Anyway, it might work if you're looking to attract sailors. Which, maybe you are. :slight_smile:

3. bottomsup

Interestingly the stars (I was going to go nuts and get some, but refrained) used a lot are also nautical stars, worn by sailors!
    Wondered (hey, dreamt and fantasised) what it was they got up to stuck in a boat for months and months..