1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An update

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., Aug 23, 2014.

1. Richie.

As you may of realised from my recent posts I've been a bit erratic. Ok well a lot one minute up the next in the deepest lows I've possibly ever felt.

I feel quite lonely At times isolated from my family and adjusting to my life as a gay man whilst exploring the reasons I remained in the closet have proven to much

I've been working so hard to find myself working on being the best Richie possible I sometimes feel I've turned a corner then others not so much but I dont want to jinx it having had an increase in dose of my anti depressants and the recent EMDR to work on my abandonment issues maybe that corner has been turned or the corner is turning into more of a curve

One day at a time thanks for all your support I appreciate it

Love and peace
    Richie(&&&)

2. Pete1970

Richie,

Good to see you back. Been worried about you. You have been so brave and an inspiration to us all. It is a long journey. One day at a time is all you can do.

Pete

3. likethewind

likethewind Guest

I haven't been on the boards very long, Richie, but have seen some of your recent posts. I'm glad you're coming around again...

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *Big hugs Richie* We all do what we can as we can, dear. You'll *always* be the best Richie you can be. Here's hoping you can be an extremely *happy* Richie, as well!

5. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so glad to see your post, Richie. Thanks very much for getting back in touch....I will admit I've been concerned about your wellbeing. I hope that things start trending upwards for you.

I have recently resumed my antidepressants after a break of more than two years. I have been lucky, they've started to make a positive difference already for me. I wish you well.

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is the phrase "Time heals all wounds". You just have to be patient and endure while the process goes on, then one day you will wake up and feel like it is all over and wonder why it took so long, but then you will only be interested in moving forward, not looking back. I don't know why life works this way, but you have to trust that it does, and will for you too. If you need help with meds while you are in the "enduring" part, don't hesitate to get them from a responsible doctor who can monitor your response and your mental attitude and help you get through this, which you will. And of course, if you need someone to talk to about what you are feeling, lean on us.

7. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's okay to not be okay Richie. Sometimes, when we hit those lows, we withdraw into ourselves, because it seems easier and feels better than confronting our vulnerabilities. Of course, it's not really the best thing to do at all (we know that with hindsight), but in those moments when nothing seems to matter or make sense we do what we do.

You're right, it is one day at a time. Some will be better than others... stay with us and we'll stay with you.

Big hugs (*hug*)

8. Candace

I'm sorry that you've been feeling down recently. :/. If there's anything I could do to help, then don't hesitate to contact me. We're all in this together and it's our duty to help one another out. :slight_smile:

9. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey Richie, (&&&)

10. Richie.

Thanks for the support guys. I appreciate it!!!

Peace

11. bottomsup

Onwards and upwards RMan!

12. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Richie! Sending love and support your way. I'm glad for your update as you have shared so many things that are important to me too.

13. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ritchie! Only just saw your post. Hang in there. Light at the the end of every tunnel so long as you keep digging :slight_smile:

14. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Richie

my honest impression of you, is that you are such a lovely and kind-hearted guy, and I really wish for you all the happiness that you deserve in life. I know things can get really tough sometimes internally. I am just 'emerging' from such a dark, dingy spell myself. But after the night, the morning always follows. :slight_smile: Stay strong in the knowledge of your own integrity, and take good care of yourself now, yes?
    Damien x (*hug*)

15. flowerpot14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Richie. Hugs to you....