1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came to a realization today...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by likethewind, Aug 23, 2014.

1. likethewind

likethewind Guest

... that makes me sad.

I had a married friend I was in love with -- he was the only person I ever loved. I broke off the relationship after my guilt became too great to bear. Haven't seen him in months, but we'd exchange emails every so often and give each other updates. After a few emails today, I realized our relationship is over.

I feel a great loss...

(And yes, I should have known better.)

2. ThePrideInside4

I'm so sorry... :frowning2: I really hope you find someone who won't leave you. I wish you all the best.

3. CoyoteCalling

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to hear the part of yourself that knows better when you're feeling that kind of strong emotion. I'm sorry that you are in pain right now.

#3 CoyoteCalling, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  4. BiPenguin

It's an awful feeling to have. Hugs mate.

5. likethewind

likethewind Guest

Thanks to all for your kind words. I'm still in a limbo stage with my friend.

Yesterday I was convinced the relationship was over, but today my friend wrote back. I won't go into the details of what led me to believe what I did, but it revolved around what I perceived as a lack of commitment. His situation is no longer a secret to his family, and sometimes I forget how stressful that can be.

The result is that we spoke today -- the first time in months. I was able to express my concerns openly and asked him to think seriously about what is best for him. And that's where it stands...