1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

older is better!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by pola bear, Aug 24, 2014.

1. pola bear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :kiss: what do you see when you look at me! wrinkled skin, grey hair or even false teeth? Do you see the glasses upon my nose, or the hearing aid behind my ear? Do you notice I walk slower now, forget some things, misplace them too! Tell me then what do you see when you stand there in front of me! So I stood there, looked and spoke my reply :
    I will tell you my friend of what I see, I see more than you could ever imagine looking at me!
    I see lines of laughter and lines or joy, not boring old wrinkles you care to employ.
    I see worn strong working hands, that strived to support, protecting me your love like a storm in a port.
    I see glistening bright eyes, so continued with love, that look down on me like an angel above!
    I see endless protection, kind words blessed with love,
    I see the beautiful mouth that i kiss with my mouth
    I see perfection in you, day after day, it does not matter to me if you feel old and are grey!
    To me, you are my everything, and always will no matter what,
    And the last thing I said, before he forgot was this :
    If you could only see yourself through my eyes, you would be so wonderfully suprised and amazed!
    I continue to love you, and only you, no matter your age xxxx(*hug*)

2. pola bear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I put this here, because a partner whom I truly loved (74) shared his eorries and concerns before he passed. He was concerned he was too old and in holding him while he passed i said those words to him. He was never old, the love he showed was that of a 20 something, he had more life, more spirit than most. And i still snd always will love him xxx

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For all it's difficulty, seriousness and drama, life is essentially theatre; we are all born, enter our prime, gradually age and ultimately, die. Then, photos of us kept by loved ones, their memories of us, whatever legacy we have left behind, and a pile of ashes is all that is left of our time on this stage.

When someone is aged and near to passing away, I try to remember that I, too, one day - if I live that long - will undergo the very same process. It's just a matter of time. But if it is true that we really do all journey though many lifetimes, then really we ought not to worry too much about old age, or youth - in that scenario, it would seem that being young isn't really the point, is it? We've all been young countless times before, nothing new about it. I think that what we really journey on for, is for the getting of wisdom.

5. pola bear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Age is a concept! Nothing more...to look beyond a number is more important! Maturity in a person is what i relate to. I look beyond the ageing and deep into the soul! Thats where the real person is. We all get older and its never botheted me not the slightest! To share a life with a maturer partner to me is fantastic!! There is so much to gain and learn, the wealth of there experiences, memories and love. See beyond the physical affects of ageing, grey hair,facial lines, see beyond the affects age has on the body! Who in this life is perfect! No one is, but who has the most love to offer!!!! Those who have lived, those who have lived and tread that pathway. To be in the arms of someone who truly loves you and you slone, yes i miss those worn strong hands wrapped around me, yes i miss saying dont worry i will do that or this for you! The man who everyone saw as old, was not old!!! He radiated so much life so much energy love genuine care and wisdom! Age is totally irrelevant and does not compute in my logic thinking! Only love exists and only love is real, thats the only living thing we have no matter how old we bevome xxx