1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He won't accept it

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by burninggold, Aug 30, 2014.

1. burninggold

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I cam out to my husband. He cried and keeps fighting. He said he doesn't believe I am gay and that he doesn't thing we should give up on ten years of marriage. Short of serving him divorce papers, I do not know how to get it through to him that I am Gay and cannot be married to him. He keeps asking me not to give up on him. I just do not know what to do :/

2. ClosetedFather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations on coming out. Its a great first step. Sorry he is taking so hard.

Its only natural. He is in mourning. He will need time to work through it. Denial will pass and negotiating will begin. Try to keep yourself in a good place and stay strong while he works it out.

3. Penpal

I agree, it will take him time to accept it. Counselling may help him and you. May help him see its not a phase and understand you aren't rejecting him its just who you are. Good luck. Give him time.

4. FortunateSally

Seems understandable for someone to be in denial after their spouse announces they're leaving after ten years no matter what the circumstance. Be strong and give him time to process. Maybe start getting your affairs in order and take some nice deep breaths and a walk. Congrats on coming out. I still haven't. You are so brave.

5. BiPenguin

Besides feeling distraught, he appears to be blaming himself for marriage issues. Is it safe to assume that he is against the idea of homosexuality?

6. Clearvision

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My husband is completely supportive but still swings between that and unable to accept it. He is in denial atm even though he knows and of course its hard to underrstand and accept.

Idk if this will help but the way i addressed him saying not to give up on him by telling him that i am not giving up on him or us. If it were a matter of that it would be easy. That i love him and it is not easy giving up what we have but it is about gender not about him or your marital problems.

Hope it might help.