1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big eagle - flying high

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bigeagle, Sep 1, 2014.

1. bigeagle

Update, feeling better about myself

Hi guys,

Some of you may remember me from 6 months ago? Lots has happened and I am now in a much better place.

The reason for this post though... is to convey an important message. Although I have much, much more work to do, I have now faced my biggest fear. I am not straight. I might be bi. I might be gay. Whoever I really am, I an now ready to deal with the situation.

For years I have struggled with the inner conflict. I enjoyed my relationships with women but deep deep down, something didn't feel right. Over time, this 'niggling' feeling grew, my depression worsened until I eventually broke down. To save myself, I had to press the eject button. At times, I felt so bad that I considered ending my life.

So... I will keep it brief. If you're in a bad place right now, when you are ready (but don't wait for the right time, because that never arrives) - you must face your fear. However bad you think the reaction will be, it won't be as bad. Good family and friends will always support you. You are being honest and the integrity you show will be respected.

I hope this makes sense and I hope I can help a few guys/girls find the courage to take the next step towards living an authentic life.

May the force be with you :slight_smile: x

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2014 at 09:44 PM ----------

#1 bigeagle, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. mrGhost

Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't know you, because I wasn't here back then. Although I'm glad to hear you're better now. Best wishes!

3. BiPenguin

Good to hear you're on your way up.

4. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi BigEagle, this was exactly what I needed to hear today. I'd be interested in hearing more about your story -- is there an earlier thread I could look at?

5. bigeagle

Hi nerdbrain, you can look at my previous posts or message me direct? Pleased to help if possible