1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally in love, but not sexually attracted.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by MBJ, Sep 1, 2014.

1. MBJ

MBJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone,

So I'm a 45 year old straight female. Well that's how I have identified my whole life. I am going through a rough divorce and have befriended a lesbian in the last few months. She's amazing. We have about a 10 year age gap (she's younger). I have never in my life met such a thoughtful caring person. I have completely fallen emotionally in love with her. However, I have never been sexually attracted to anther woman. I don't know what this means. She's absolutely stunning, and plenty of people are trying to get her in bed. I think she amazingly beautiful I just don't know if I could be with her physically. I'm confused. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

2. mrGhost

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I'm a male who's sexually and emotionally attracted to men, but sometimes I'm also emotionally attracted to women, but I find it hard to be attracted physically. I fell in love with a woman, and so did she with me. Things just couldn't work though, with huge pain we had to let each other go, because in the end of the day, in my head, I've seen myself falling asleep in another man's arms.

Where am I going with this?

Do you see yourself waking up next to her? Do you see yourself getting old together? Do you see yourself having sex with her? How do you feel about imagining all the things she would expect from you sexually? Do you feel comfortable? Do you feel attracted to her on the physical level?

Nobody can answer these questions. Only you.