1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by phony, Sep 9, 2014.

1. phony

I have no idea how gay people do it to have kids(m/m). I'm sorry about my ignorance, I've read a couple of sites but still don't get it.
    You just have to choose a mother and that way the kid will have the genetics of only 1 of the fathers and the surrogate mother?
    I'm confused and I really wanna have kids in the future.
    Sometimes I've thought of marrying a woman (cause I'm attracted to some girls, less than boys though) just to have kids. I know this sounds stupid, but I'm just young and immature.
    I'd love to hear from experienced people on the field.

2. CyclingFan

There's of course full adoption of children who are unrelated genetically. Usually one mans sperm is selected in the case of a surrogate, but it's also possible to combine semen before in vitro fertilization so that either father's sperm has a chance.

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Kids are not about genetics. Kids are about love.

Unconditional love.

4. AAASAS

The only reason or benefit to homosexuality in the real world I can see is that we are there to take care of other peoples problem. That is, to adopt, to not create more humans, but clean up the mess that others have made.

The world is overpopulated anyway, at least if you adopt you aren't adding to the problem, and are actually a benefit to the world because that is one less child to grow up parentless.

I'm going to adopt even if I don't have a significant other.

5. Nekokoneko

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been thinking a lot about kids lately too. If I were to marry a boy I would want to have his child, but I think it would have to be done through in vitro or something because the idea of doing it the old fashion way makes me feel physically ill to even think about. But if I were to marry a girl I would still just want to have her baby too. But of course it's not extremely possible for two girls to have their own baby. The idea of some sperm donor being involved though is unpleasant to me so maybe adoption would be better in that case.
    Really though there are hundreds of thousands of kids out there that would absolutely love to have two loving dads so adoption would be a perfectly legitimate way to have the family you want :slight_smile: Don't marry a girl just to have kids, there are definitely other ways.

6. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with what you say, especially regarding overpopulation, however: I think that we who are gay / lesbian contribute far more benefit, just by virtue of being gay, than just being willing adoptive parents. We confront straight society with the truth that they know of deep down, but don't like to admit - that sex is, for the most part, something folks do to feel good, rather than to conceive children. Religious folks can argue otherwise till they are blue in the face, but it's the truth.

#6 Damien, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  7. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So true