1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not so good today

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Penpal, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Penpal

Went to the doctors today to arrange tests because my ex cheated on me. Ended up in tears and now I can't seem to stop crying. I had so much to sort out today and I haven't done anything.

2. TakeMe2Church

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, penpal. Tough day. I am so sorry. I hope you can let go of at least some of your expectations for the day and accept your sadness today. Do you have a friend that you can call and vent with? Or is there something good that you can do for yourself? Take a walk, perhaps?

I will be thinking of you today!

3. bottomsup

Take a walk, visit the beach, watch the telly!Sorry if that's not very sympathetic!
    Arrange some flowers and clean and tidy? Scrup the door panels in kitchen! Then at least they are cleaner!
    Music, as loud as you can and dance..

4. Penpal

Thanks guys. Going to try and get out tomorrow. I went to pick my children up from school and ended up in tears. Just under so much pressure with the divorce, work and of course my sexuality it all got a bit too much today. If it wasn't for my boys I think I would opt out to be honest.

5. Really

Please remember you're crying because you want something better. So that means you know there is something better to be had. And that means you can have it.

List out what you'd like to get done. Break each one down to smaller components and each of those into still smaller components.

Do ONE small thing. That's it. Tomorrow do another. Next day nothing. Just something fun for you. Ice cream with peaches. Next day two things...

That's all. Just hack away at the list bit by bit. I swear you'll feel better. You have my guarantee. Or your money back.

6. Penpal

Making a list is a good idea. I think it may scare me with what's on it but I think I need to do it. My dog ate my shoes yesterday!, so number one on the list is replacing those. I need them for work and really can't afford to replace them but have no choice. My job has gone pair shaped so I need to sort that out if I can. My therapist says its a shame everything has happened at once. First thing to do then is make a list! Thanks all. X

7. Clearvision

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Im sorry to hear everything is going wrong at once. You def have enough on your plate. Just take one day ar a time one task at a time and not think too far ahead at this stage. It will work out and im here anytime you need to chat.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to remember that one cannot ever deal with the entirety of a situation, or the years ahead, one can only ever deal with today and with what's happening now.

Inevitably, I find that if I focus on today, the enormity of the tasks ahead fall into the background and I regain a little sanity.

We're here for you, one day at a time.

9. CyclingFan

Oh that list idea really helped me a few months ago when I was feeling like I could barely hold on some days. Stressed out, tired, just having a hard time doing some basic stuff. Even a tiny bit of progress is progress.