1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wife was supportive but now not so much

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ERA, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been married for 5 years and known my wife for 9. I came out to her as bisexual early in the relationship and she was supportive at the time, claiming that she was bi too.
    Over the past few years, she has gotten less supportive and more antagonistic. She has accused me of cheating or wanting to cheat with another guy multiple times.
    Between that and a few other issues relating mostly to trust and her tendency to take her emotions out on me, I'm increasingly unhappy, but I don't think I'm to the point of leaving yet. Just don't really know what to do at this point.

2. Richie.

I'm sorry you are feeling unhappy. Have you sat her down and spoke to her about this. Or are these passing comments you feel unable to respond to? Either way it looks like this situation isn't working, maybe you need to grab the bull by it's horns.

Hope it resolves itself.

3. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've tried taking to her, but it never seems to stick. I can never figure out if she doesn't realize how much accusations like that hurt me, or if she does it because she does know.

4. bottomsup

Hi era, the link GreatWhale posted up in the " Relationships and Communication " thread, has some good info regarding dealing with relationships and difficulties, quite interesting (I read like 30 articles there the last few days) all of which are good to be read and help with facing problems and other quite interestingnstuff. A positive distraction anyhow!
    Talking sensibly without arguing, um, describe the scenario, she might not realise how you feel. She might be paranoid and be expecting you to be off up to all sorts, - what do you want ? Do you need both or ok with her? Do you have kids? Do you love each other? Is it something worth trying to fixup? Or better for both to try elsewhere? Only you guys know.
    She might have been expecting.you to be saying "im.meeting so and so.." but the you have been faithfull and she might not realise and worry that there is something going on.
    (if she was presuming you would be having man sex sometime, you have not said you are, so she might think you cant tell her?)
    Communication, always worth a good go. As im sure you know anyhow.
    Defdo check out the link in GW's post, very informative.
    Good luck:slight_smile:

5. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll have to give that a read. We have no kids; she is unable to conceive, which is one of the arguments she uses for why I would cheat on her. I've never understood that one. If I wanted kids, how would sleeping with a guy accomplish that?
    Accusations that I can't be faithful because I'm bi have dogged me for as long as I've been out. It hurts me like few things can that people assume I'm incapable of something because of my sexuality. It's why I'm not more fully out.