1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no idea what to do next

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by lb41974, Sep 20, 2014.

1. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in kind of a hard spot and dont know what to do :icon_sad:.I have always been attracted to men as long as I can remember. I went out with my wife on a dare and need a place to live so I stayed until one day we decided to finally do the deed . Soon after she told me I was going to be a dad so I married her to do the right thing. I have been unhappy for a long time. I have only stayed this long because of the kids ! I have not LOVED my wife in a long long time, she has medical problems and does not want sex ,she told me years ago to find somebody to satisfy me . I said no, in the last 9 months I have been hit on by a few different men I turned the down but 6 months ago I met a man that rocked my world! I get all giggly and red faced and my stomach gets all knotted up evertime I see him I want to be with him so bad and he wants to be with me he knows about my family and is supportive of me in anything I do .The problem is I think my family might know I am gay they keep teasing me I mean hard core .I want to scream yes I am but I am scared too .I was teasing one day and asked what would you do if I was really gay and my wife said that she would beat my butt and beat who ever I was with .I dont know if she was kidding or not I think my kids really know . I have told only two people they are a lesbian couple I use to work with and they are so supportave to me it has been really great !

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it is time for you to set yourself free. But in a way that preserves what you want from your current life (friendship with your wife, access to kids etc. ).

Plenty of people in the Later In Life section have been through this and will give you supportive advice.

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the advice bingostring I want to leave right. Just not sure how to start the ball rolling, I have no where to go if she decides to kick me out so should I find a place just in case she want me to leave ?

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess all possibilities are open to you ..
    it needs some tactical thinking and some plan As/ Plan Bs so you never get stuck
    and don't rush in to anything till you got everything covered!

sorry - no wife or kids here - but others on this site are experts and have been through the works!!

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I havce been reading some of the other posts here and I see alot of others that are having almost the exact same problems I have I guess its a real common thing I sure hope my kids dont hate me for this but I cant stay with there mother anylonger . I also forgot to tell that my grandbaby lives with us her mother cant seem to grow up and do it so she lives else where and we have the baby I dont want to loose her either

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    there are people on this site who have kept their kids support. I hope they can chip in on your thread.

Also I know a few gay men who have excellent relationship with their kids .. don't fret - hopefully you can get through this with careful planning and support

a therapist might also help you prepare/manage all the issues that will come up>???