1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting better

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BeingEarnest, Sep 24, 2014.

1. BeingEarnest

The last two weeks I have experienced a real change, personally and in my family. I am coming to accept myself at a deeper level, and be at peace with myself. After months of struggling since I came out and told my wife, i am learning that we both do better when I am comfortable with reality, and not trying to fit myself into am,old,that was never meant for me. I am venturing out more and spending more time with gay friends,which is helping tremendously. And there is less tension at home. I wonder how much of the tension was fueled by my own inner struggle? Anyways, happy to report I am in a better place now.

2. clovis

So glad to hear that... I am just starting my journey and its nice to hear that it will get easier! Congrats... and keep me posted with your progress. its very encouraging.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are achieving a balance in your life, which you did not have before, which is putting your internal feelings in alignment with the external world around you. Regardless of how you finally resolve your situation, it seems like you are finally going to make some progress for both you and your wife. Congratulations on breaking the stalemate and relieving the tension.