1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is the hardest thing I've ever done

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., Sep 25, 2014.

1. Richie.

I Keep fighting, I keep running down the tunnel, looking for the light, I think I see it and then it goes.

I dont know how much fight I have left. I need happiness I need the light to shine bright.

Peace

2. BeingEarnest

Hi Richie,
    Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you.
    I don't know what you mean by fight. I find it helpful some times to find a different metaphor for the way I deal with life. Maybe you don't have to fight. Maybe finding light is a matter of seeking it out and being in it.

3. oscarneedslove

stay strong Richie everything is gonna be alright. Until I found EC I was fighting with suicidal feelings but beautiful people with beautiful heart supported me here. I was suffering extreme loneliness and i had no one to speak with and now I feel like i have many friends from all over the world. I feel you and you're not alone. stay strong bro everything will be fine and you are not alone.(*hug*)(*hug*)

4. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Brother know that we are standing with you. I'm glad that you're seeking the light, believe that no matter what you see.

5. Snever2late

<3 Keep Chasing that light brother. One day at a time. It'll get better, and brighter.

6. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Richie

I don't know if you go along to any gay support groups, I found the one I go to in Manchester each week a great help. I've looked on the Internet and found a list of groups on the BBC Birmingham site at the following address BBC Birmingham - Gay Village - Useful Gay Contacts and Information

I don't know if any of them meet close to you or if you have already given them a try out but if not give it a go.

Hugs SGG (&&&)

7. White Knight

Maybe I am being dumb here but the light of happiness you are trying to catch is actually inside of you.

Find your reasons to be happy. Life is yours to enjoy, don't let anything or anyone get in your way. That might not mean much to you but every day you are worrying, doubting and fearing is another day wasted from your life. As gay people world already took too much of us, don't let them get more. (*hug*)

Here is the song which gives me strength to keep fighting... maybe it helps.

[YOUTUBE]BfvD_brrrTc[/YOUTUBE]

8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Richie, I hope this forum represents a chink of light in that dark tunnel. I know there are days when you don't feel strong or able to cope with it all and I truly wish I could lift the gloom when it descends so deeply into your world and make your realise how strong you really are. I'm incredibly proud of the way you face down all of the 'stuff' that comes your way.

Choosing to live with openness and integrity isn't without its challenges (I've paid the price myself a few times) but it sure as hell beats the arse off the alternative.

We all love you and wish you the very best in life. (*hug*)

9. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Richie, I hope you reach that light really soon . Everybody deserves to be happy and I feel it down deep that you will find that special somebody that makes you very happy!! If you ever need to talk I will be glad to listen I cant promise I have all the awnsers but I will try my best !!

10. Horizon55

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

I'm still around.. creeping forward inch by inch toward myself.

I must say WhiteKnight, this line:

"Maybe I am being dumb here but the light of happiness you are trying to catch is actually inside of you."

this just made me cry today… it reminds me that achieving this happiness is our responsibility and up to us to have the courage and sense of self-worth to go after.
    I have never felt 'worthy' of having such light of happiness. When I talk about that with my wife, she says that in going for it, I've never been so 'self-centred'. Maybe it's my time to be so.

I'm going to try and jut 'feel' today that that light is in me and to let it out to share.

Richie, let your light out too! I'm sure it's beautiful.