1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embracing myself now.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by kmsshs1004, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kmsshs1004

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I may not be coming out much later in my life like some people but I'm 22, a beautiful 2 year old daughter(this Saturday) and yes, one on the way due Dec 25th. I've questioned myself ever since I could remember. Being with men, trying to find that perfect relationship with a man that society and family wanted me to have but never having that.. "connection" I've finally said to myself to hell with what society says I need to do and who to be. I've realized after 9 years of wondering that I am indeed gay. I've never felt romance with a man or much sexual attraction, I was living my life the way people said was normal. I haven't told anybody and honestly I don't really want to right now. I'm just gonna live my life for a while finally feeling free to think and be who I was meant to be. This forum and everyone, reading others posts, advice etc has really helped me and I appreciate it so much. I don't have many people to talk to about it and knowing there are other people in the world who live constantly wondering and those who have gone through the denial process or just not yet discovering themselves is a huge relief and it helps. I think what kept me from seeing who I really was is the fact that I have a kid and am currently pregnant. Who would believe someone that told them they were a lesbian who was pregnant and had a 2 year old? Not many people. Though I do believe everything happens for a reason and I think I was meant to have my kids. I went through this to get them. It's never too late to find yourself and be you.

2. LittleLionGirl

Amen to that! Tell myself the same thing every day. Every time that little voice tries to tell me that I'm too old - too old to come out, too old to go back to school, too old to cut loose.

Yesterday I read a story about a Canadian sprinter who is 77. Last year she broke 13 world records for time. She didn't start running until she was 72.

It's never too late! Good for you to figure it out so young. You'll be a great role model for your children. :thumbsup:

3. waterfall

waterfall Guest

This is so true. We live a life that is expected of us by a society that only recognizes heterosexuality as "normal". We can exist but will never thrive or be fulfilled.
    I totally understand the reason you want to wait. That being said... I have found through my own experience, that the longer you wait, there seems to be more people that can be hurt and/or alienated. I wish I would have come out of this closet a long time ago!
    Such a hard decision but you'll know when the time is right…just don't wait as long as I did!!! (*hug*)

4. Frkldbklvr45

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I only wish that I didn't wait so long. That Denial is something else all right. I'm still trying to untangle it all and be nice to myself still. The self hatred is really almost as bad as the denial. I wish I was twenty years younger and started coming out then. Good Luck on your journey and yes, the kids are never a mistake. :slight_smile:

I'm still married(24yrs) and have 2 kids. I haven't told a soul yet and am so thankful for this forum too. it does help to not feel so alone.

#4 Frkldbklvr45, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014