1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Experiences

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BeingEarnest, Oct 10, 2014.

1. BeingEarnest

In the last few months, since coming out, I have had the joy of getting to know an acquaintance who is also a gay man. Our conversations have helped me so much, and from the first time I met with him, I felt a peace about myself that I have never known. I feel comfortable sharing anything with him, and he with me. I am not sure what path we are on, whether it is becoming good friends, or something more. There is certainly the potential for more, but I am taking things slowly, one step at a time. This week, we had some time alone, and more than anything, I wanted to be close to him. I laid my head against his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me. It felt wonderful. More than wonderful. For the first time, I had the sense that there is goodness in having a relationship with a man. I also did not feel estranged from my body, I felt whole.
    I feel hopeful.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In all honesty it's moments like you describe that I appreciate most of all. To just sit or lie there close to the person you love and care about is a wonderful feeling and I'm so pleased you have experienced it too and feel comfortable... whole and hopeful. May it continue. :slight_smile:

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner just left on a business trip for a few days. Before he departed, we sat on the sofa, with some music on, and he laid down with his head on my chest. As you experienced, it felt wonderful. Nothing like it in the world!

#3 OnTheHighway, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  4. CyclingFan

Making out with a guy, cuddling with a guy...I was kinda like ohhh, that's what people are talking about. Like I didn't get why people liked making out. I kinda just thought it was eh, ok

That's really great for you beingearnest :slight_smile:

5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's kind of the emotional equivalent of being terribly nearsighted and putting on glasses for the first time. All the cool stuff that everyone else saw, but was just kind of a blur to you, is suddenly crystal clear and you realize that you were missing something huge, and you just keep looking in wonder at the corners on the buildings and the bark and leaves on the trees. It's a hell of a surprise. And a really good one, too.

6. Spaceman

So true. The energy that flows when cuddling with a man you care about is unbelievable. Definitely worth the wait and that much sweeter because of it.

7. clovis

I cannot wait to experience this... its been such a long time coming... and I am looking forward to the feeling of having an emotional relationship with the right guy. Cherish the feelings...

8. geoworld24

geoworld24 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is one of the main reasons I started coming out and affirming who I am, and trying (very hard) to be more open and sociable. I have an overwhelming desire for love and physical intimacy (not just sex). Cuddling would mean so much more to me now than just sex. I am so happy for you and hope to experience this myself someday.

9. LittleLionGirl

I've just experienced what you describe for the first time myself. The first time I touched the skin at her waist, a glancing touch, my heart sped up. The first time she ghosted a kiss across the back of my neck I had goose bumps all over. Just standing behind her with my hands on her hips, swaying to music at a concert took my breath away. I had to close my eyes - I actually got light headed.

The affirmation was amazing. Oh. WOW. Yes! Yes, I'm gay, yes this is what it's supposed to be like. All those years not knowing. Now I understand what all the hype was about!

Love making is not about the end, it's about the process. Wow!

10. CyclingFan

So this is definitely past "friend zone" :wink:

11. LittleLionGirl

:icon_redf: :grin: :thumbsup:

12. BeingEarnest

Cycling Fan,
    I had the same thought- oh, that's what everyone meant- I get it!
    The feeling of ' oh, that's what I was supposed to be feeling. Wow.'

All my life, I have heard people say that gay sex ( or love ) is unnatural and wrong.
    This didn't feel unnatural at all. It felt completely natural. It felt wonderful.

13. waterfall

waterfall Guest

14. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so glad you got to experience this. What a beautiful moment. I love it when people share the good experiences on this site, it gives us all something to look forward to.

15. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    BeingErnest Wow, simply beautiful and encouraging. I too have felt this. There's nothing like being in the arms of another man... and it's good not bad or nasty. Most recently I spent a week with a friend and as we cuddled before sleep there was a serenity, so much so I fell asleep in his arms. I haven't trusted anyone that much in a long time.

BeingErnest thank you so much for sharing and reminding me that there is still good to experience.

16. BeingEarnest

Two words: Kissing. Wow!

17. Richie.

Fantastic news! Glad you can be close with someone you like. It's an eye opener.

Peace

18. Spaceman

NOW you know what all the fuss is about! Suddenly it's all starts to make sense. Congrats!

19. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!

20. BeingEarnest

I was able to have lunch with my dear friend. We met at a gay pub, and were able to sit next to each other and talk freely. At times we held hands, and gradually sat so that our knees were touching. It is like being plugged into a recharger, a small level of electric current humming between us. Really nice.