1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Because of you...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by P25, Oct 10, 2014.

1. P25

P25 Guest

I am not exactly a newbie to the board anymore but I still feel I am a newbie to the world of being sexually fluid. I am a 36 year old married mother of two and for years I have struggled with feelings that I had for my childhood female best friend. We met when we were 14 and the confusion set in. Not to mention both her and I were raised in a Catholic environment and went to Catholic school our entire lives. I was lost in how I felt for her, ashamed and embarrassed. I felt I carried some sort of defect that causes me to feel the way I did. Therapy helps me come to terms with my feelings and the nature of my relationship. I began to accept I was not an alien and that I just loved another-pure and simple.

I went online searching for support, guidance and answers. I found this website which has opened my eyes to so much. I have met people who truly have changed my life and made me feel comfortable being me and have helped me let go of some old Catholic guilt and smile because I am who I am and love how who I do.

Because of you EC I have made connections who offer support and unconditional love. Because of you I have learned to be happy and proud to be me.

Thank you for allowing a forum for such amazing support and connections :slight_smile: (&&&)

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really great to hear P25. To know that you have found a way forward through the fog and you are now happy and proud is wonderful. It's good to hear how EC played a part in all of that.. even more so on Coming Out Day. :slight_smile:

3. DancingGirl

:slight_smile: Nice post my friend. Glad I have been here through this journey with you. I wish you much love and happiness.