1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know she's gay?!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by katiexxx, Oct 14, 2014.

1. katiexxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry in advance for my stupidly 'inexperienced' question.

I wrote another post about a girl I want to ask out. I'm fairly certain she's a butch lesbian, but i'm still really inexperienced with the 'pick up' side of things as my last gf was something that grew over a lot of time together.

This woman, has a stupidly short buzz haircut, shorter than most guys, 2 x earrings, no make up, man's watch, man's shoes & just has that 'look'. What is bothering me though is that she has quite long, pretty (buffed by not polished) nails, which (I thought) goes against how most 'butch' girls like to be?

I'm so worried i'm going to make a tit of myself by asking out a straight girl!

Advice please! (be gentle with me! :confused:)

2. waterfall

waterfall Guest

I love a butch woman... so I do tend to look at them rather closely :icon_wink
    I have never seen a butch lesbian with long fingernails. I have met butch women that are not lesbians…so hope that helps.
    Smile at her and see how she responds.

3. katiexxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Right, I have to get another close look before I do anything!

4. Really

Quick thought. Are the nails on both hands long? If she's right-handed and plays the guitar, the left hand will have short nails. If she plays left-handed, the right ones will be short.
    Of course, you won't know until you talk to her but you can still look.

5. CyclingFan

I would guess, though, that she has some idea how she's appearing. I'd think that if she were straight, you wouldn't be the first woman to make a pass at her.

I think you should go for it. :slight_smile:

Good luck!