1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what type am I?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Dreamsandwishes, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Dreamsandwishes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi again

As a fairly newbie to this forum and discussion about being gay. Its made me wonder. How do you decide how to describe yourself?

I'm an overweight woman who wears casual clothes most days whilst tending to the sheep but when I go out I like to dress in a long flowing dress and some makeup. I have long hair but I guess I look butch because of my weight.

I don't even know if I have a type I'm attracted to as they've all been different.

Any advice. Last time I went to a lesbian disco back in the 90s I was only one in a dress and felt out of place.

Thank you x

2. RainbowSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're you. That's your type.

I don't think many women would dress girly and wear make up while they're tending sheep, so I'm going to say what you're wearing during that time doesn't put you into a category. If you wear dresses and makeup that probably puts you more on the feminine side, regardless of your weight.

I think butch is more of an attitude than a way of dressing.

Personally I haven't worn a dress in probably 7 years, but I don't consider myself to be butch. While I know there are many different in betweens, I don't think I fit into any one category, it depends on the day of the week and my mood. I wear women's clothes. Jeans with button ups or tshirts or girly shirts that show my cleavage :wink: Whatever I feel like at the time. Most of the time I'd like to wear pajamas but unfortunately that's frowned upon at work :frowning2: I'm just me. Just be you.

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello and welcome ! I am sitting here reading your post and thinking to my self it does not matter what type you are as long as you are happy ! I am sorry if that is too forward I don't mean to be and I am not judging you in any way .If you want to wear dress's and makeup I say go for it what ever makes you feel good about you !!!

4. Dreamsandwishes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As I live so rurally and never venture into town. How can I meet other like minded women. My local town has zero clubs or pubs or societies. I really do feel the need to make friends.

5. Really

Any lady-farmer societies around? Want to start one?

---------- Post added 15th Oct 2014 at 11:56 AM ----------

Meant to add.

I also wondered about my "type". I don't ever wear dresses but am fine doing a skirt and top once in a while. Moreso when I worked in an office but as I'm in IT and spent time crawling under desks, it was usually pants for me. I don't wear makeup but am particular about my skin and nails so moisturize and trim quite religiously. Oh, and chapstick my lips aaallllll the time. Does this make me femme-y?

But, you know what? I got to just be me. I'm lucky that as I was growing up and with my complete lack of style, whenever we had to dress nice for something, my mom only ever said, "Wear something your comfortable in."

So...? Just be yourself.

P.S. I've made up a new label for myself. I'm a "me-bian".

6. RainbowSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unfortunately you may have to travel to a larger city in order to meet like minded women. Google is your friend see what you can find. Hard to meet people if you're just sitting at home. Believe me, I know. If you're just looking to talk, online friends are the way to go!

7. Dreamsandwishes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't know where to start.

8. Tallu

Yay! I wanna be a mebian, too!

9. RainbowSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would open Google and search for "York England Lesbian" see what you find. There is a website that has meetup groups you might find something in your area.

10. CyclingFan

A quick Google didn't turn up much for York. How far away is Manchester? That seems to have more of a gay scene. There are folks on here from there as well who might know better.

11. Really

Lady-farmer society? How about creating a meetup? Think of a few topics of interest, talk to a local pub about the possibility of meeting there on a slow night. Put a notice in a local paper. "Come meet other female farmers. Good company, conversation. Share a drink and meet like-minded women. Tuesday at the Cock-and-Bull on Bambery Rd. 7pm"

(What I know about English country life comes from tv so ... Watch out for the murderer.)