1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25th Year Reunion

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Pete1970, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Pete1970

I had my 25 year highschool reunion last night.

The funny thing is my best friend in highschool was there, i havent had contact with him since a few years after highschool. Come to find out he is married to another guy.

I did have feelings for him back then and though i did suspect he was gay, i didnt know for sure plus i was nowhere near ready back then. Too bad things werent different back then, who knows how it woud have turned out

2. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

I know that feeling all too well on a lot of things. Who knows though? Maybe you two can start talking regularly. Maybe you can start hanging out with him again. Meet his husband sometime. Your new friendship might open some new doors!

3. DarkestDream

I'm with RalphHenry on this...perhaps you can keep in contact with him, and both he and his husband can introduce you to some other new friends! :wink:

4. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Pete1970 I agree with you when you say "Too bad things werent different back then, who knows how it woud have turned out". I so wish the same was true for me as well. I agree with the others... try to connect with your old friend and his husband, it just may be a blessing.

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I had feelings like that but a friend reminded me I was romanticising what might have been. He reminded me it could have gone very badly or been simply mediocre in the past. Simply deal with the present as there is plenty there to keep us busy.

Tom

6. ComplicatedSort

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for sharing that experience - I have "What if..." thoughts sometimes too. What if I had never gone in the closet when I went off to college in the mid-1960s, what if I had been able to keep seeing my one real "boyfriend" from high school, and so forth...

...but what brings me back from those is thinking of my son. Had my path been other than it was, he would never have been born. He's an adult now, with his own issues and struggles and so forth, but I believe the world is richer for his being in it - and I know that my world sure is.

So I am where I am today - which is having a chance to enjoy life with my new husband and see about the other, um, complications which led me to choose the username I did. And my 50th HS reunion will be next year. Oughta be interesting :icon_bigg

7. Blossom85

I agree with the others, try to reconnect with him and meet his husband. It could be just what you need, and could open many new and exciting doors for you.