1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange dream.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by piano71, Oct 23, 2014.

1. piano71

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a strange dream last night.

In the dream, I had showed up to someone's house to play music in a piano recital. A grand piano lid slid off the piano toward me while I was sitting on a couch, and then I had to push it back. It was heavy, but didn't injure me or anyone else.

Afterward, it was time to get cleaned up before dinner. I went off looking for a bathroom. The dream switched to me being in a communal bath-house setting (not a gay bathhouse; both men and women were present). All of a sudden, I was naked and looking around for a bathroom with a shower. Two or three times, just as I would approach a bathroom, someone else would slip in ahead of me, leaving me naked in the hallway.

Finally, I beat out some woman who wanted to use the shower, who was annoyed with me not honoring "ladies first" (despite the fact I'd been wandering around naked, while she was still clothed). I got in the shower, which was like a large open gym shower, and then several other people (men and women) were in there with me. These were not people I recognize in real life, but rather anonymous strangers.

A woman started flirting with me and pushed me up against a wall. When I didn't respond to her advances, she shrugged and walked off, muttering "oh, he's gay alright..." I was afraid that others nearby heard her remark.

Then a guy just walked up to me and grabbed my crotch while I was showering. He told me he was gay, and started asking me questions about whether I thought I "passed" for straight or not. I told him I didn't want to mess around because I am already seeing someone (true in real life) and besides, it wasn't exactly a private situation with all the other people around. I also told him that I thought I "passed" for straight but was beginning to have doubts. (This reflects a conscious thing I've pondered recently - I've wondered a lot lately about whether the average person on the street would perceive me as straight or gay if judging only by how I look and carry myself.)

Then I woke up.

---

Having looked at a dream dictionary, I got the following:

- Piano: playing the piano in a dream indicates a quest for harmony in my life.
    - Shower: Dreaming that I am showering with someone indicates there's something I need to "come clean" about with them. Alternatively, showering with a group indicates feelings of being exposed or an invasion of privacy.
    - Naked: Fear of being found out or exposed. Suddenly discovering being naked indicates vulnerability to a situation.
    - Not much about discussion of being obviously or covertly gay in the dream dictionary. Being gay in a dream is just a reflection of oneself if you're gay in waking life.

This was one of the more vivid dreams I'd had recently. It must be about the stress I feel about being gay, and situations in which I hide it.

#1 piano71, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Got to like those dream dictionaries! Somehow, correlations between dreams and emotions from real life are frequently connected. Sounds like you did your research with that one. Sleep well tonight!

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Curiious...

Is there good consensus dreams carry deep meaning?

Interpretations of dreams would also seem so personal and subjective that a dream dictionary could not be applied. For example what does nudity mean in a dream to a nudist versus a nun?

I enjoy dreams. The subconcious does a lot of work in my opinion, but are answers presented to concious mind in disjointed images that are so subjective? Or are dreams simply subconcious doodles or scratch pad working notes as related to problem solving but not direct answers?

Could dreams be the eqivalent of doodling in a waking state?

I don't know.

Tom

#3 skiff, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014