1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aging sexy?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by DarkestDream, Oct 26, 2014.

1. DarkestDream

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:

So I was thinking about this today, how time seems to have gone by so darn FAST. Just yesterday, I was in my twenties, and now I'm approaching 50. I've gotten a slight bit heavier, gained some maladies, but overall, I still see myself as being young. That is, until I take a look around me, and see the young(er) generation, and surprisingly, many of them see ME as OLD! I don't blame them, really. After all, they have yet to discover what I have, that you can still be as youth-like at MY age, and there's plenty of things to discover about life and love, as there was in those younger days.

Anyone else aging sexy like me? :icon_bigg

2. Paul6089

Paul6089 Guest

I get that because I definitely don't feel my age. I feel at least half my age or a little more than half. I think thinking young helps me feel young. Trying to stay current with PPP culture helps too. :slight_smile:

3. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeahhhhh my time hasnt coming yet.
    :-( life is so fast huh

4. Really

Gadzooks! I hope so! I have never much cared about doing anything to improve myself particularly but lately, I've been taking pretty damn good care of myself and am quite pleased with the results, if I do say so myself. I've inherited some pretty good genes so have always looked a good 10-15 years younger than I am so that doesn't hurt, either.

And, like Paul, I also feel quite young.

(I really hope I don't lose this confidence. It's a welcome addition to the new me.)

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took some type of physiological quiz on a dating went site a few years back, it said I was about 10 years younger than my true age :lol:

Aside from that, when I tell people how old I am, they are often surprised given I look younger.

6. ComplicatedSort

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I came out at 60 one of the consequences was that the very way I move changed. I don't obviously swish (well, except in certain circumstances) but I move much more gracefully, as though I felt really at home in my body. No, I don't have as much energy now as when I was much younger, but I've gained much more ability to be still part of the time. Thus my range of expression - my range of presence, if you will - has broadened. I think that being really present and tuned in is one of the sexiest things there is, so maybe there's hope that I can "age sexy" too :slight_smile:

7. waterfall

waterfall Guest

Really-This could have been written by me!
    Also because "aging sexy" isn't only about the way you look- but also about the way you look at lifeā€¦I feel better than I ever have!

8. Tallu

Today....I feel about as sexy as a dog's dinner. Sigh.

9. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This could be me as well. I feel far younger and sexier at 53 than I did at 43 or even 33. Being forced to take better care of myself because of a few health issues was one of the things that started giving me enough of a confidence boost that I could consider coming out post 50. I recently showed someone my driver's license picture from 4 years ago and she was shocked, and said that I look a good 10 or 15 years younger now than I did then. My overall attitude is better, I've lost a little over 100 lbs., and although I'm not even remotely buff, I feel like I've finally come into my own physically and emotionally. My teenage daughters now consider me to be the "hipster dad" and people I've known for years keep commenting about how happy and healthy I look. And my boyfriend who's 11 years younger jokes that I'll have to take care of HIM in our old age.

Age sexy, for sure! It's more attitude than anything, and speaking as someone who was prematurely old, I can tell you that a lot of the problems are reversible, and you can be happy and sexy at any age if you BELIEVE you can be.

10. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, i wasn't "sexy" in my youth so im hoping to grow into it as i age.:lol:

11. DarkestDream

Oh my, I could hug you all! :grin: It makes me feel good to see that I'm not alone in my journey. In fact, here's some virtual goodness now... (&&&) (!)(!!)

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2014 at 05:39 PM ----------

Here's extra for you, Tallu! (*hug*) (*hug*)

12. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm growing to be more sexy as I realize who I am and embrace it. My sexual drive seems is increasing as well. You are not alone DarkestDream!

13. DarkestDream

You GO, with your sexy self, quietman! :grin: (!)

14. Tallu

Thank you for the extra helping, DarkestDream! Right now I just feel like Frump Girl. Hours are too long and I've a cold I can't shake. November is going to go by in a busy haze but after that it gets better. Then I will start pampering myself again.

15. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmmmmm

Sexy is as sexy does.

I would prefer to find a friend who morphs into a boyfriend who finds me sexy.

Too much?

Tom

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my tastes have aged along with me. Which is great, because how creepy would it be if I was still mooning after the 16-year-old skate rats I thought were cute back in 1986? :slight_smile:

Lex

17. DarkestDream

It's not much, but....

[​IMG]

feel better soon!

---------- Post added 28th Oct 2014 at 07:12 PM ----------

You know, Tom....I have no doubt that there's a friend out there, watching you from the shadows, too shy to speak... :wink:

---------- Post added 28th Oct 2014 at 07:14 PM ----------

Lexington, maybe they still look the same since 1986? :grin: You never know!