1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride the Wave?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Snobird, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Snobird

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is kind of a followup to the thread about my brother in drag. As I said before my told my brother's wife I was gay to help her deal with my brother's crossdressing. His wife did not tell him about me before the meeting so I did not know what to expect. I told him that I personally knew what it was like to be in the closet because I wasn't straight myself. Much to my suprise he didn't bat an eye. He said he had known for years I was gay. I was actually kind of disappointed. The first time I have the courage to tell someone close to me face to face and he already knew.

The main point is it feels amazing to finally be out. I was able to openly talk about my feelings towards men and all the secrets I kept over the years. Now last night I had a dream I was out to everyone. I woke up feeling like I come out to more people. OK, I actually came out to two more old friends on facebook already this morning. They were actually easy targets, one was gay as well, and the other is very liberal.

My question is do I keep riding this wave of momentum, or do I slow it down a bit to let the dust settle? I am afraid if I wait I might lose this sudden burst of bravery.

2. Richie.

It's a big surf that's for sure.. Glad it worked out well for you..

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

You will learn the only person fooled is yourself. If people don't already know it is not a giant leap.

The wave...

Don't force things let things happen naturally. When it is the right time do the right thing.

Tom

4. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is just my humble opinion but I would the dust settle a bit and possibly think about who you want to come out next to.

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be yourself, and act like they already know, which they probably do.