1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Surprised of Your Sexuality?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bookreader, Nov 26, 2014.

1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    This just happened to me and I am still surprised that I like boys. Just surprised me again. I accept myself. (&&&)

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've liked girls ever since I was younger, although at the time I didn't know what it meant. But once I figured it out, I was absolutely terrified! It's been years since I came out and I've dated multiple women since then, but it's still shocking to me, especially to my family.

I love being different from everyone else. There's something about being the minority that makes me feel special.

3. DinelodiiGitli

I'm pretty young but I'm still surprised and some-what in denial. I've known since I was even younger that I felt different than the majority of people I just usually pretend I don't. It's easier. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I never was surprised by by sexuality . Never really thought about it in youth. Sexuality kicked in prior to considerations of straight-gay, shame of sex.

I did realize it was dangerous to be gay and closeted it.

My issue was finding guys. I was partnered 15 years from early teens to late 20's, never dated beyond partner in teens, twenties and when the break came lacked the gay dating skills. Got lost at that point

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    some times...... yeah....sometimes....

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. The thought of me being a lesbian still sounds crazy to me. In a good way though, I guess. I don't have much desire to fit in and ever since I was little I've had this odd fascination with lesbians, lol. I thought they were pretty cool. ^.^

Sometimes I'll just be doing something random like eating lunch or taking a shower, and suddenly I'll remember I'm gay and start wondering why. I mean, obviously it's because girls are really hot, but not everyone is attracted to girls... And I've known for a year now, but I still find myself thinking about it all the time. I wonder if it'll always be like this.

I guess I shouldn't technically feel surprised by it though. Even when I thought I liked boys in elementary school, I was more interested in their features that girls also had (like nice eyes). I was never really attracted to masculinity. Once I realized girls could like other girls, I was feeling things for girls that were so much more intense than what I'd felt for guys.

So, um, yes, to sum things up, I am still surprised, despite it being a bit unreasonable.

7. Rainbows~Exist

Kind of. Sometimes I'll just have a thought saying "I'm gay... who would've known!"

8. allnewtome

Not really. Much more surprised that it took so long and so much personal torment to get to the point of seeing it all as a non issue.

There are times that someone will catch my eye and I may linger then snicker at how far I've come.

9. candle

Sometimes, i guess it takes time to accept yourself and your reality completely