1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Becoming, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Becoming

Out Status:
    A few people
    When asked who knows, I have to answer everybody. I'm not hiding anymore. It just comes out of my natural being. My earrings, pony tail, down my back, etc. says it all for me. Hiding is painful, being yourself is priceless.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

very cool, Becoming. your status says "a few people," but it sounds like your are out to yourself and everybody on planet earth who cares to notice or ask. Congratulations!!! I used to flat out lie to the question when asked (which usually was in some employment context). Now, nobody has asked for eons, but I feel like anybody who asks should get an honest answer. No earrings or pony tails, but I do the more subtle signs of rainbow socks, pink shirts, and hello kitty everything. I don't know if anyone picks up on it, I'm sure some probably suspect. You are in a good place. I can't attest to the being yourself part yet, but yeah, I can definitely affirm that hiding is very painful.

3. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good for you that you refuse to hide any more. I hid for a long time and it definitely wasn't healthy. I hope that everything is a beautiful process for you and you find the love and acceptance that you deserve.

4. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congratulations, very proud of you! Thanks for the inspiration as I'm not totally there yet.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is so awesome that you are able to be so confident with your self and able to be out like you are .I give you a big old cyber hug and say thank you !! Thank you for showing everybody that it can be done and so easily. Well done and congrats

6. Becoming

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the encouragngement. But I really had no choice. Be me. I'm finding people you would least suspect, understand,and those who you feel should, do not. It's an exciting, journey.