1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So that's different

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by aboutface, Dec 10, 2014.

1. aboutface

So just a little about me for context in this thread, I'm 31 and have only recently fully come to terms with being gay. Have exactly 0 prior male relationships or experience with guys because it's not something I allowed myself to consider, basically.

I've had this one dating site profile for several years. A Man seeking women, because that's what I was supposed to be. I've never met someone off of this site, but have occasionally exchanged messages in the past. Never lead to anything. Honestly it always seemed to be a chore to remember to respond. The indifference was just ever present and something to be battled through (or not. Usually not actually heh).

So this past weekend I broke down and officially switched it to seeking men. I messaged this one guy who's profile had caught my eye. He's doesn't even live close, but he's from somewhere I've started thinking about maybe moving too, and is originally from my home state and we went to the same university, and has a job that is similar to one I've had before, so I brought up those things to start a conversation. I guess I lucked out, found a guy that was responsive and interested.

It's been like 4 days of just exchanging messages, and I'm just struck by how different it is. I get happy when I see he's responded. If I'm busy I look forward to those gaps in time when I'll be able to sit down and respond back. We're still primarily just friendly, but we've both already gotten into some pretty deep stuff. He's pretty much just awesome.

I know, I'm like a 12 year old, lol. I thought maybe I just didn't like the format or communication or something, but that's obviously not it. I guess I just took it for granted that indifference was something that was just going to be there, because it always has been, because it's all I knew. It's a bit of a revelation to see that, no, that's not actually supposed to be part of the equation. Even though its just messaging so far, it's just so strikingly obviously different from attempts before with the opposite sex. And I'm into it.

Just thought I'd share.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is definitely good supporting information about your sexual orientation. Enthusiasm in the pursuit of a partner is a definite measure of what attracts you...and what doesn't.

3. titanV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh man I'm so excited for you! I know that must feel like a gigantic step forward to start the dating process. Your post actually gives me hope (and a bit of encouragement) as this is the next step that I need to take, and frankly I am scared shitless.

Good luck, and I hope he'a a keeper.:slight_smile: