1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ambiguous friendship

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by penguinparty, Dec 11, 2014.

1. penguinparty

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    have you ever fallen in love with someone (same gender) but dismissed it as just intimate friendship? Like finding yourself thinking constantly about this person, being extremely interested in every detail of his/her life, smiling like an idiot when you meet etc? And still thinking "yeah,well...she's just my best friend" And later on, acknowledged you were actually in love with this person?
    I'm asking that because I have a very intense friendship with a married woman, and other people are starting to say things about us. Like "mmm you two are always together, is there something between the two of you? you look like a couple!" and stuff like that.
    While I'm well aware of my attraction toward other women, I'm not sure about her.
    I've known her for years, and I've always thought she acted weird sometimes, but I just considered it to be a really good friendship, since she's on her 40s and engaged. But now that everyone around us is starting to say that we look like a couple, I was wondering if maybe they are seeing something I don't. Is it possible to deny attraction and really believe it's just platonic when it's not?

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love my friends. Society does not allow "men" to love each other but it happens in a million shades of gray.

I have a best friend, love him dearly, he is straight. If not for that I would explore romantic love with him for we click on so many levels.

Being gay, being a societal outsider you simply see the truth and the hypocrisy of society.

Tom

PS I would not be shocked if one day this straight guy became bicurious simply due to our friendship. I am not planning on it though. LOL

#2 skiff, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014