1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it too late?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by rdbrook23, Dec 12, 2014.

1. rdbrook23

rdbrook23 Guest

Hey all,

So i have been thinking a lot lately about what it would be like for me if I actually do come out to myself. Change my life, and start living the way my heart is telling me I should. All I can think is its too late. I'm almost 30, pretty average guy, small beer belly from the average married/ having children lifestyle. On top of that I would be divorced and a "virgin" in my new life. Who would even be interested? Im not saying im bad looking, or couldnt get into shape if i wanted to, but i like who I am. Would anyone else? Does anyone else feel like it would be a life of loneliness because they waited too long or let themselves go to much to be attractive in the gay world?

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No no no ... 30 is never too late !!

40-60 years to go fella

Being authentic is probably the key to all things and well worth weighing up how it would pan out

The body can be fixed ... Exercise and healthy eating is all it neede

3. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hold a mirror up to your face and breathe. If the mirror fogs up, it's not too late!

I finally admitted 2 years ago, at 51, that I was gay, came out to my wife a little over a year ago, and am in a relationship with a great guy who I plan on marrying as soon as enough details of my marriage are settled and closed out that I won't feel like I'm abandoning my wife and kids and destroying their lives. I assumed I'd be alone, since I'm gray haired, a tad chunky and, for Heaven's sake, I'm now 53 years old and have all the creaks and twitches that come with it. But being comfortable in your own skin (however saggy or flabby it may be!), and in your own brain, and being accepting and respectful and non-judgmental of other people, will make you quite attractive.

30 isn't too late at all. It's a great time to do it. So was 51. The best time is when you're ready. Go for it.

4. SouthernGeek

I think at 28 you are still in the prime of your life!

5. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This gave me a good laugh. What an excellent test!

6. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you have a very negative image of the gay scene. It is not all about "looks". 30 years is not too late. At 30 many people don't even have kids. you could easily live 50 or more years. You could live paralized and unhappy the rest of your life because you don't have the guts to be honest with your feelings or you could be brave and practical and start meeting new people and start searching for a soulmate a boyfriend or a hook up friend or whatever, which I'm sure you will find.

My uncle is also gay he met his partner of 10 years at 41.

#6 danielo21, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  7. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have your entire life ahead of you. Never to old to be true to yourself!

Being gay is not all about being immature, underdeveloped and taking unnecessary risks. At your age, you will have life experience, maturity and a mental youthfulness that you can take advantage of, and for which others will appreciate.