1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

life after coming out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by azure au, Dec 12, 2014.

1. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just wanted to quickly tell everyone how things are going. Secrecy has become pretty automatic over the last 12 months and sometimes i have to remind myself i don't need to lie or hide my relationship anymore.

My ex, the only person who reacted negatively has come around already. He did not apologise, just called me to chat a couple of days later. Fine. I say lets put it behind us and move on.

I really don't think there is anyone left to tell who matters to me. I realise there are a lot of people in our lives but really how many of them really matter to us? Once the important people knew i saw no reason to wait, so i spoke to quite a few workmates and acquaintances over the next couple of days. I just wanted it behind me.

I feel so much better about myself. I used to hear other people say the same thing after coming out as gay or bi and i found it hard to believe, but it really is true. Secrecy is exhausting and makes you feel like a bad person.

So things are pretty much the same now as they were 12 months ago except i have a woman who i love very much in my life.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

sounds like your life is really normal. I find that exciting! but what you said about secrecy really resonates with me, because I'm still there and it is exhausting, and I do agree that it makes one feel like a bad person. each time I hear someone say that coming out makes them feel free, I get a little more hope, a little more resolve. thanks for sharing that. it means a lot! (*hug*)

3. DelvSeigible

It horrible, well ok its not but i been telling my parents and they are so obstinate on me being straight its unbearable at times but I still strive with the knowledge tat one day things will work out because I am putting effort into becoming who I want to be in the future. I wish I came out earlier perhaps transitioning would have been easier.
    I guess I kinda relate to you in the way that my guy friends are a little different now. They understand and sometimes I feel they gloss over who I am. Sometimes waiting for that one guy to show up in a chat room. The struggles in finally coming out and socializing again.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the update Azure. It's really good to know that things have moved on so much in your life and you are sharing it with someone you love.