1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have accepted myself!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by IWICCO, Dec 13, 2014.

1. IWICCO

I am 45 years old and joined EC just two weeks ago. I originally posted my orientation as "I think I am bisexual." Screw thinking! I know I am bisexual and embrace it! This has been the most profound and self-reflecting two weeks of my life. I even came out to my BFF during this time. I have to learn acceptances of myself. I am literally out to only 3 people (including my wife), but they are 3 of the most important people in my life. They all accept me and love me. What more can I ask for.(!)

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

you are PHENOMENAL!!! coming out to myself was the most difficult and yet most important event of my life. the next steps are coming much more slowly for me. You just jumped right into it, and yes, you have come out to the most important people. coming out to the wife is really the most important, IMHO, and I'm not there yet. does she want to stay married to you to try to make it work, giving you the space you need? or are you headed for divorce?

3. IWICCO

I actually came out to her 21 years ago, 2 years into the marriage. It was tough for a few months and some feelings have flaired up over the years, but we have remained in a good place. I love her dearly and woukd never cheat on her. For me now I feel I am truly embracing who I am. Since I am married to a woman I guess I have always felt like yea maybe I have certain feelings about men but I am in a heterosexual relationship. Therefore, I should not focus on my bisexual side. My revelation now is that I need to accept the whole me and acknowledge who I am. This has been really liberating. I have since come out to my BFF and my closest cousin, who is also bi.

4. BiPenguin

Good onya. :slight_smile:

5. lilrocket

Congratulations IWICCO! Sounds like things can only go up from here!

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations! That is a real bit of wisdom. It sounds like you are in a good place. :thumbsup:

7. IWICCO

I am getting there!

8. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really glad to hear you've been able to accept yourself. That's so great.

9. KingJude

That's really great. Well done!

10. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats! Accepting yourself is a big step. Best wishes!

11. trailrider

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats. I am sort of in the same place as you. I had a long chat with my wife before we got married, so she has always known, but I question how deeply she truly understood my identity. My issue now is that my bisexual urges seem to be changing as I get older. I am starting to identify as more feminine and gay but not enough to make any huge changes.

12. DelvSeigible

I am only 20 but like trailblazer bisexuality shift towards femininity. I guess my male side has shifted into a very sweet dream ... Personality is a complicated mixing pot.

13. IWICCO

It is funny you say this because I feel the same way. My urge to sleep with a man is really intense. I don't know if it is curiosity but it certainly has made me more interested in men than women at this time?

14. Wildside

Wildside Guest

these last few comments got me thinking about something. I feel so much better accepting that I'm gay, that I find it harder to put in the energy to act straight, and I start getting more feminine, bit by bit. nothing exaggerated, but I can notice it in little ways. Once recently I was arguing with my wife in the supermarket about some small thing (small argument) and she asked me if I was wearing my pink socks. and of course, I gave her one of those gay disgusted tchs in response. LOL

15. soulcatcher

That's very cool. What more could you want indeed?

16. IWICCO

17. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear IWICCO;

I, too have fully accepted the fact that I am gay, and that I am a transgendered woman. For me, it took years of wrestling with the two halves of my brain, one said
    " you were born a male, therefore, you are a male " And one said "Its alright, there is nothing wrong with being gay, and you have reached a special a point in your life where you have changed, metaporphically, from male to female, and there is no returning, and Jaymegurl, you are such a pretty woman ".

I am a really pretty woman when I dress as a girl. I feel great this way, there are certain aspects about my past life that I do miss, but for the most part, I DO NOT
    EVER, want to go back to being a male again.

I accept this, and I'm so proud of my alter-ego, Jaymegurl. My ego is Jayme, I changed my name because where I live there are too many James's. Jaymegurl made so many life altering changes this summer, all for the better, and I hope that 2015 will see more.

Jaymegurl

18. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I think that 2015 promises to bring good things to those of us who share our lives, hopes and struggles on EC! I sure hope it does for you, Jaymegurl. One of my nieces has a daughter who was born male and is struggling though this process as well. fortunately, my neice is very supportive

19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations~! ^.^

20. kumawool

Very proud of you.