1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most amazing talk!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by IWICCO, Dec 20, 2014.

1. IWICCO

I had the most amazing talk with my wife today. She is battling stage 4 breast cancer and is having a really hard time today. She told me how much she appreciates my support as I literally have to stroke her back and kiss her head as she was having an anxiety attack. I love her soooo much and she told me the same.

While we were opening up, as usual, to one another I told her that I had signed up with EC a few weeks ago and how much the site has helped me come to terms with myself. She has known for 21 years that I am bisexual, but I told her this sight has really helped me to completely terms with it and to love myself. She is so supportive and told me she has no regrets about our marriage and us being together. Even before she was diagnosed 4 years ago, we were having romantic and sexual issues. Partly due to my coming to terms with myself and then turning into the changes her body has gone through due to the cancer.

She is happy for me that I have found this site and that I have an outlet. She loves me regardless and appreciates me so much. This conversation was so profound because I don't know how many women you can talk to about being attracted to men and not have them run from you. Like I have said before, I will never cheat on her or leave her, but I am glad to be my total self to her. She questions if I am really bi because I have never been with a man, but is still accepting of who my true self is.

I have such a gift with her and just want to share with those that may being going through the same thing. Love is colorless, sexless and transformative. I am living proof of that.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

you are both a real blessing to each other! you each have your struggle right now, and you each are helping the other to make it through. what a beautiful love story!!! :eusa_clap

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sure you are there for her in her time of need just as much as she is there for you. That's what a real relationship is all about.

4. chemicalbond

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your story really hit me. So poignant. So hopeful. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

5. BiPenguin

It's excellent that your bond is so close and strong.

6. IWICCO

No problem. Our conversation was so profound and being able to share with you all is so helpful. I have lived my entire life "in the closest" but am feeling so empowered now. Not sure where I am going, but I know I am moving forward!!

7. SouthernGeek

That is beautiful.

8. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

that's awesome

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I liken it to being on a dark path with a dim flashlight. we can barely see where to put our foot for the next step, and can't imagine what lies around the next bend. but we know we're on the right path!

10. BiBiBaybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank-you for sharing your story, IWICCO.