1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr Who - BBC

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by skiff, Dec 28, 2014.

1. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi All,

Many of us grew up with Dr Who (God to get my hands on a TARDIS) but this caught my attention;

Viewers complain that Doctor Who is ‘promoting’ homosexuality · PinkNews

Only THREE official complaints??????!!!!! Wow!!!!!

Yes the show has gotten more racey along with pop culture.

Should gays complain when a straight kiss is depicted for promoting a heterosexual agenda? God more people have died over the heterosexual agenda than can be counted. The agenda where all minority groups must be punished, retrained, oppressed and eliminated. What happens to LGBT is the norm for all minority groups.

The big news is ONLY three complaints.

Tom

#1 skiff, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are the sort of people who would rather have us go back to the William Hartnell or Patrick Troughton era. Mindless bigots who live sad little lives. Clearly nothing much is happening where they live.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't understand anyone being upset about Dr. Who when there's Torchwood to be upset about...

4. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Hmmmm... Torchwood...

Ummm... very hot, I mean exciting, ahhh disturbing. Yeah, disturbing.

The bisexual character that spun off from Dr Who still on Torchwood?

Have not seen it in a long time.

Tom

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2014 at 05:52 AM ----------

Torchwood - Jack Gay?: http://youtu.be/uSSIXTS_SS0

5. Lyana

I love Doctor Who. The show has its share of heterosexual characters and relationships, so it's not even an LGBT show -- it just happens to also portray characters of many sexualities. You know, the kind of people who exist.

And, really, how can people get so upset about a character whose sex changes when the whole point of the show is to follow a character (the doctor) whose entire personality and appearance and tastes and likes and dislikes change with every regeneration?

Also, I love Jack Harkness. :grin:

6. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those three complaints about the "homosexual agenda" are up there with " the broadcaster ‘failing to give a Christian perspective’ on the formation of the Moon during a science documentary" ...... need I say any more!

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Oh my! This is so cool! Not the fact that there is criticism (that is merely predictable), but the fact that a show like this exists. One of my great frustrations is life is the lack of gay characters in literature, other than ones who are either a pathetic caricature, or those who exists strictly to make some statement about their sexuality (even if it is something positive). But I always long for some regular, normal characters (and not just the villains!). Like a hero in an adventure novel being gay, whose life includes all the little aspects of his sexuality that are included like are found when it is a straight leading character (falling in love, having dinner, a kiss, a roll in the sack) but all with the primary focus being on catching and beating the bad guys. Seems like this Dr Who show is a great step in that direction! :thumbsup: