1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12 months ago since I told the wife

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., Dec 29, 2014.

1. Richie.

Yep I'm still here despite my empty threats to leave I can't shake this place

This time last year I'd told my wife I was gay and since then I liken the coming out process as steps. The first is always the biggest then they get smaller but still big in their own right. I'd say I've come out over the year and continue to do so. Each week day month has been full of challenges.

I've suffered from over exposure at times felt in the spotlight when in reality I was yesterday's newd before I'd even processed the news myself

I've struggled I've struggled so so much. It's been such a climb when I think I've reached the top. I see new heights I must climb

My relationship with the wife is ruined I've tried but it's not happened i can't take responsibility forever. I have to let her find her own peace. Hopefully one day we will become friends again who knows.

People's responses have been on the whole positive and surprise but no one not even the wife has been horrible about my sexuality.

2014 I've said was transition. I always looked towards this 12 month goal and beyond. I knew this year was going to be difficult but. I made it through and if I can do it believe me you can too

I started the entertaining of coming out 18 months ago. And started playing with the thought of coming out. It takes time it takes courage it takes all your mental strength but. I'm living authentically. I'm bring my true self and whilst that doesn't change anything over night it's the reason we are here. It's why we exist. To be who we are deep inside. Anything else is a half life

I've grown so much. I feel much more and whilst I continue to battle my demons. My sexuality isn't a demon anymore it's free to explore to live to love without barrier.

I struggled even saying I'm gay 12 months ago. I rejected my sexuality. I rejected living for existing.

I thank all the people who have supported me along the way. My therapist my boyfriend my friends. Without whom. I could of given up.

I'm hoping to follow up this post in another 12 months time because I'm hoping life will be more stable then

Wishing you all a happy new year

Peace

Richie

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very proud of you my friend. (*hug*) You deserve more and more happiness in 2015.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great to hear from you, Richie,

May 2015 be your banner year for love and for life!

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoo hoo, proud of you man. and sooo glad your still here, you had me worried there for a bit.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

:wow: Congratulations on making it this far! :wow:
    I both envy where you are at, and fear it! :eek: From what you say, you were kind of working on coming out to here for about six months before doing it. I started that process about eight months ago, but am a bit paralyzed. What you describe sounds like a series of plateaus in the coming out process. I hope that at each plateau you are able to rest and enjoy the view before continue up the mountain. I really appreciate your post, it is a glimpse of the reality that I long for and yet that paralyzes me. good luck!

6. Justinheller74

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is an awesome story Richie. I'm not that far behind you (9months since telling my soon to be ex). 2015 is gonna be our year of Growth! Congrats!

7. bottomsup

Hi Richie, all the best from here.
    Think my first posting here was a year ago in a few weeks.
    Thanks for your posts and messages as they have helped me, and I hope that my goodwill has helped somehow in the cosmos.
    Have a great year!