1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and need to move this forward!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Penpal, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Penpal

Here I am, 8 months after my husband left. He's moved on, he's on his 2nd girlfriend already. It's easy for him. I'm a little bit stuck now. I've got to the point where I want to move on but how? My mum has told me she doesn't want me to tell anyone about me, the rest of my family make comments that make me uncomfortable to tell them. I know I will tell them if I meet someone, but how can I meet someone when I have to hide where I'm going from friends and family. Also my work scares me. I am in the building industry. Not the most politically correct industry by any stretch of the imagination. I know I should wait for the divorce but part of me thinks why waste any more time. I'm 40, I deserve to move on like he has. I deserve to be happy. I guess I'm just frustrated! Sorry for the rant. :bang:

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Isn't it time … with 2015 opening up… for you to put YOU first for a change and not to worry about how awkward it makes other people feel?

Same goes for the job front. I know it is easy for me to say .. but your life is your life and what they all think (which would likely be supportive anyway) is secondary.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reconcile those two statements. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Penpal

I know, you are right. It's difficult when your mum is ashamed of you to move on but I need to.

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeh, what's more … I just read that 2015 is the "year of the Penpal"

sharpen that pencil .. only 24hrs to write out those New Years' resolutions !! :icon_bigg

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

seems like you stated the answer to your own question better than any of us could: you deserve to move on. you deserve to be happy. and yeah, you're 40 years old.
    I don't really see why you need to be telling anyone in your family anything about where you're going. If you want to say that you are going out on a date with a hot girl, fine. But the other acceptable answer to the question "where are you going" is "out." And OUT is definitely where you want to be! :lol: of course, the other acceptable answer to that question if they keep prying is :***: off, but you just seem too nice to go there, which is a good thing. (&&&)

9. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So what? You on the other hand want her to accept your sexuality but does she?
    Yes, you deserve to be happy, just go for it. (*hug*)

Sometimes we think that big changes cannot be done yet but we can always start with small changes, right? I'd say that small changes attract bigger changes. :thumbsup: Maybe for you this would mean a new hairdo, new clothes or shoes, a change in diet... just that small stuff that'd make you feel better about yourself and more in charge.
    P.S. Until the rain falls, the crop cannot grow but I think you can see the clouds are already high... there's definitely a chance of rain! :icon_wink

10. Goose1

Goose1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Really? Deleted? Goose.