1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Been A While.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by sugarskull, Jan 1, 2015.

1. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like I abandoned this site. Apologizes. Life has been crazy. Since coming out to my boyfriend and (most family) back in August.. I went "facebook official" just this last week. I didn't want to start a new year still hiding from anyone.

The girl I thought I was going to have it all with (BIG SURPRISE HERE!) turned out to be a liar, bigger liar, huge liar... basically I hate her guts. But! Lesson learned.

I'm moving out on my own (and daughter) in March and I'm scared to death. I've never lived alone. I'm moving to an area I'm not all familiar with. I've lived on this side of town almost my whole life...it's not like I'm moving across state, just about 20 miles away.
    Everything just seems to be happening so fast.
    I'm stressed beyond belief and in turn my depression is creeping back up and I've lost 15 lbs. Its scary how the stress and mind can take such a toll on your whole body.
    I should go talk to someone, but I feel like life is crazy enough to add something else to it right now. I don't know. Maybe I just need to vent. Thus, I am here.

How is everyone?

2. Penpal

Welcome back, wow you sound so brave! Coming out on FB seems a long way off for me. I am learning to look at things in little steps. I think if you look back at what you have achieved already you will see how strong you are. You just have to keep getting over these hurdles one by one. Are your family and friends supportive?

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations on coming out to EVERYONE, sugarskull!!! (!)(!!)(!)
    Coming out on Face Book has to be one of the most courageous things I've heard. It does sound like a scary, but I'm sure in no time at all you are going to sharing some inspiring stories for all of us as we struggle to do what you have done! Our thoughts and hopes are with you! (&&&)

4. bi2me

Welcome back! I'd been gone for a while also -- too busy for my own good. Happy 2015, and congratulations on making it "FB Official." It must feel good to know you don't need to hide from your friends and family anymore.

5. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks ladies. I've been feeling a little better.
    actually went on a date. (she got white girl wasted and it turn fought with me 20 mins because i didnt want to come inside her house after going out)
    But im keeping positive. only positive things from here on out!!

6. aboutface

That's really great to hear!

Totally off topic, but your thread title inspired me pull up some old Staind/Aaron Lewis songs on youtube, which I'm enjoying and hadn't done in a while, so thanks!