1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pregnant ladies

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SillyRomantic, Jan 9, 2015.

1. SillyRomantic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, it's the second time around that a woman seems to like me (gut feeling, behavior, but ultimately me falling for it and taking the initiative to suggest meeting up, agrees, we have fun, tension is there, then I withdraw because she is\) who is pregnant! Expecting a child with her long-term boyfriend.

My gaydar singled her out from the very first time I laid my eyes on this woman (job setting) and she's been flirting with me ever since—quite heavily at times. I'm going "WTH?" And then, when we finally meet up, everything goes great and at the end she goes, "Oh, so my boyfriend was asking me about meeting up with you..." And I realized that she wanted me to tell her if I was interested in her or not. But by then I had registered that 1) she was expecting a child with 2) her long-term boyfriend! I just became so scared to be caught up in one of those "I like to sex girls, but I feel safe with my bf and I don't have the guts to come out properly" triangles and basically ran... psychologically speaking.

Yay! So I really like her and want to get to know her, but right now I just feel like I just totally fail at love, I feel so naive and stupid. So, have anyone else had similar experiences?

Thaaaanx luvz

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was dating a girl who got pregnant by her ex boyfriend, and I was so devastated. I wanted to try to make things work with her, but I was delusional. There was no way that I could compete with him (not that I tried) and their history.

I had never been in a situation like that, so I didn't know what to do because I was in love with her. I tried to remain friends with her, but it was too hard. And in the end, she chose him over me, so if I were you, I'd run for the hills!

Don't invest your heart or time in someone whose heart already belongs to someone else.

3. SillyRomantic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey thanks for replying. :slight_smile:

God, I can imagine that being devastating! It's difficult to see things clearly when you've got those rose-colored glasses on!

Better run for the hills, alright.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong with being friends with her even though I'm sure you're going to want more down the line. If anything, just talk to her to see where her head is at.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Sounds like disaster. Good thing you got out of there. I would hate being in that situation.

6. bluedoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sounds to me like she might have fantasies but doesn't want anything serious to happen. I've recently been through something like this (though she isn't pregnant), and by the end of it I just felt like I was used to make her feel better about herself.