1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My wife outed me to my granddaughter and kicked me out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by quietman702, Jan 11, 2015.

1. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My wife in some type of meltdown last week outed me to my 15 yr old granddaughter and kicked me out of the house and threatened to kill herself... but said it was ok to come home a few days later. When coming home it seemed as nothing had changed or happened... she calls me honey, wants a hug and kiss goodnight. Needless to say I'm so confused. :bang:

I've started a search to find a roommate that I can move in with (it's what I can afford). I have a very close friend that I could move in with but he lives with his mom. I refuse to move in my elderly parents or look on Craigslist so I'm stuck once again. I could move out on my own but that would mean that my wife would lose the house etc. I just can't bring myself to be that much of a prick. My therapist asked me what would it take to be unstuck, my initial response was money or a benefactor of some type.

So I'm not sure there are any solutions but wanted to share this all with you as I know you care and may lend some advice. I'm so glad that I have my EC family to reach out to.

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are alternatives;

Rent a room
    Boarding house
    Studio apt
    Effuciency apt

You are not 20... tough finding a roomate later in life... unless it is an existing friend.

3. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good ideas skiff and good advice, thanks.

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does your wife see anyone for therapy? i ask because my STBX used to do that, freak out and then like a switch was flipped be all "normal" it lead to her inflicting self harm and ultimately an over dose. the stress almost killed me inside and my son, we never realized how bad it was till we were out of that relationship. i didn't want to do what needed to be done because i didn't want to be a prick either, but sometimes it is what is required to get out of situations that are killing us.

all the best bud.

5. Molly1977

Sorry for what you have been through. I think you need to sort your finance's out and try to find somewhere else that is affordable for you to live. Do you have any money saved to put towards a small studio appartment.

Could you go and see someone at your bank who will be able to help you set up a savings account and find ways for you to save for somewhere else to live. also is there any way to find a new job or a second job to get some more money coming in. I dont know if you work or not or what your situation is but would you be able to get a part-time job, is there anything in your town?

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    how did your granddaughter take it? going out on your own is tough no matter what age we are, but this might be an opportunity to get to an area that has a greater LGBT presence, that was something you were concerned about a couple of months ago, prehaps this it the spur to get you out and finding someone who accepts you for you as you are, not as they thought you were years ago.

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

your wife sure makes it easy for you to leave. seems like you can't really anticipate what she'll do or when she'll have a meltdown. I hope that you can get out soon. (*hug*)