1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Not Trying to be Butch.....but

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BlackCat3929, Jan 14, 2015.

1. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It just happens. I've never been a girly girl. I have pictures of me dressed as superman at age six for Halloween. But Im not trying to look like a guy....you can't mistake my face for that of a man's, despite my now much shorter hair Okay so maybe the past few years I've somewhat changed my style of dress after having a crush on Olivia Benson (aka Mariska Hargitay )...come on she's hot.....more sophisticated, but I wear women's cut suits, still pants suits, at work, leather jacket jeans and men's fitted shirts or t-shirts away from work. I have broad shoulders and am pretty muscular so its what is comfortable. But this morning someone seriously asked me if I was a cop. Am I giving off a tall dark and handsome vibe without intending too? It's kind of ironic since I'm of Scottish heritage, have green eyes, fair complexion and dark red hair. I don't even know how to ask people if that's the case.

Attached Files:

2. Lipstick Leuger

No one chooses what type of energy they have. You get one or the other, some women are more in the middle and androgynous. Again, you don't get to choose and there is nothing wrong with whatever energy you give off, or have. If you are happier dressed more Butch, and you feel that way, be proud of who you are. I am a Femme and no matter what I do, no one ever thinks I am Butch. Short hair, using tools and wearing flannel, I still give off that girly vibe.

It's all ok. Be who you are comfortable being.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would not be too impressed by random comments.

I'd say just be how you feel comfortable with...
    sometimes its valuable and likeable attributes we tend to not like because of self consciousness...
    and please do not get discouraged by mean comments.
    There are probably a lot of others who like you, as you are. They just don't comment.

Another thing to think of concerning image might be posture... standing and sitting upright... not judging from a photo, just as reminder, because really a lot of people tend to forget...

(*hug*)

#3 jay777, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  4. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :***:
    LOL....I was bending placing a bet the pic caught me the accountamt playing blackjack and winning

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2015 at 06:38 PM ----------

And actually...I haven't gotten a single mean comment. In fact. Kind of shocked at the kind of women at least amongst those I know, who keep saying they like how I look. Saturday it was....oooh you smell good and your such a sweetie. My issue is.....I'm too damn shy.

#4 BlackCat3929, Jan 14, 2015
  5. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Omfg....I finally m yelling its over.....I got luck with a gorgeous brunette

#5 BlackCat3929, Jan 14, 2015
  6. Really

Can you explain this to me? I'm a bit confused. I always thought androgynous was, at a minimum, an appearance whereby you didn't look really either male or female. Or a bit of both. Or, at least, men adopted a more female style and women adopted a male style. For some reason, I think David Bowie when someone says androgynous.

And so I think a butch appearance could be called androgynous but it almost sounds like on the style scale, it would be : girly/femme --> chapstick/androgynous --> butch. Is that right?

I hope I don't offend anyone, I'm honestly curious.

7. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dunno...you tell me. I'm 5'8 220 of mostly muscle. I have arms that put many guys to shame. Yes Im buff, but that doesn't make me butch outright. I wear more masculine clothing because that's what o like. But I can't be androgynous when I have decent size rack...sorry....busy night..
    Had a fight with the hubby, I am getting divorced and I got lucky tonight

#7 BlackCat3929, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  8. Lipstick Leuger

Your scale is correct, but remember, there are many points in between Femme/Lipstick and Butch. With Androgynous energy, you would have the Soft Butch(Butch side of the spectrum) or Soft Femme, which is a more Androgynous Femme. Some people are truly Androgynous and I have found they usually don't do labels or just say they are Lesbians. That is why there are so many types of Femmes and Butches. Some are very very girly(High Femme) and some are very very masculine(Hard Butch). Of course you can fit on any point in between(High Femme, Femme, Soft Femme, Androgynous, Soft Butch, Butch, Hard Butch). Straight people also give off that energy. Some women are more Sporty or masculine and some guys are Metro.

I hope this makes more sense.:icon_bigg

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2015 at 05:40 PM ----------

How do you feel inside? No one can tell you what you are, that is up to you. You may give off a masculine energy, and people may say you are Butch, but if you don't feel that way inside, you are not. You get to pick your own label.:grin:

#8 Lipstick Leuger, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  9. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love Lipstick Lueger's first response! I would go with that. You are who you are, and that's awseome

10. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol....butch or not seems I'm definitely a top. I just spent a few hundred on new harnesses and toys to go with said harnesses.

11. Sh1f73r

Just be yourself

12. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Black cat a nice suit makes anyone look confident, certain colours even more so and in particular reds and burgundy. Those that work in law enforcement often seem to send out a vibe of quiet confidence. I wonder if the perceived confidence your manner of dress sends out prompted the question?
    Either way you look great, you sound like you enjoy your look so I think you should go with it. Butch, femme or in between there is nothing more appealing than a person who is comfortable being themselves.

13. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My work attire is typically a nice pair of slacks and a fitted oxford shirts, usually nice shades of purple, tans, or even pink.,,, and of course creams and whites. Some are even cuffed. My suits vary, but most are in black, tans or pin stripes (I do have a nice blue suit). I will wear high heel boots but more often than not its dress shoes, or my lugz. And leather. I have several leather jackets and the further I go with my weightloss I plan to bring out the leather pants and corsets.

14. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being butch is working for me......hehehe....because the hotties like it so I'll take it!

15. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bowie, back in his younger days, looking androgynous - my god even back then, when I was in denial (or should I say, more than I am in nowadays), I inwardly thought "wow there's an amazingly attractive guy".