1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First LGBT meetup

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by kindy14, Jan 14, 2015.

1. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Well, I didn't chicken out, and made it to a local LGBT meetup at a nice bar.

Great people, I did mostly stay my wall-flowery self but did introduce myself, did talk about myself, did ask questions, provide input.

I had a great time. Actually got to meet people close and over my age, which was a nice change (my therapist will be so proud.) So far, everyone I've meet in the "community" is so accepting and understanding.

My biggest problem was keeping my eyes off all the cute gals who were unavailable...

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like me sort of. I was at the bar with friends from the men's LGBT group I attend, and I was attracted to a few of the women there. Then upon thinking about it, I was like "Oh, crap, this is a gay bar. They are all lesbians, duhh." :grin: They were really loud.

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations on the meetup. sounds like a lot of fun. well, just like you are pan, maybe some of those girls are pan or bi. you never know. trick is always to talk and make friends. that's how you find out about people! I'm sure your therapist will be proud, but you should be too!!! :eusa_clap

4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Well, the one gal I called adorable was there with her gf/partner? Who was also pretty darn pretty... But, I need to broaden my group of social friends, and find more support. Talked with one nice gal who wants to stay in touch for coffee and chatting.

I actually avoided talking to the two younger guys that were there. Didn't want to seem like I was prowling. And they sat down and were talking alone, so it didn't feel appropriate to interrupt.