1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I'm wishing right now...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by karinp, Jan 16, 2015.

1. karinp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I could kiss her without it hurting my wonderful and loving husband, without it hurting her husband, for whom I have utmost respect- without it ruining our friendship. I wish I could tell her what I'm feeling and we could get it out in the open- share, talk- maybe even laugh. I wish I knew for certain that the signs she's giving me mean she's wishing the same.

Perhaps most of all, I wish I didn't have to keep so much of myself bottled up inside, hidden from the world.

What do you wish?

2. oldladynewlez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i wish, when I come out to my sweet husband, that he will be as accepting and supportive as My son and d-in-law are. I wish I would meet the one woman who would complete me in every way.
    You will never know until you ask. Sometimes you just have to take breath and jump in. I hope ALL of your wishes come true, sweetheart.

3. Nickinthemiddle

I wish that my spouse and I will be able to keep our friendship, we'll both find partners that respect and appreciate our co-parenting... and to find a lady who will finally want me for me so I can finally the the true dream relationship and someday the true ever after that I never had. Wherever you are, someday, I can't wait to meet you and fall in love with you...

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish that my ex can let go of her anger, it's been two years since our separation, we need to co-parent our three kids with respect and mutual consideration, but this isn't happening, it is hurting the kids more that it is hurting me. I wish she could see that.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i wish i could be in a position to come out to my son, that i could come out to my parents. i wish i could find that partner, i realize now that it will most likely be a man, that i can be complete with. i wish i could live an authentic life in my personal world and my professional world.

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish my wife could see the long-term results of her current behaviors. She fears losing me and claims to want a friendship with me, yet we can't get through a conversation without her throwing in some veiled dig at me that she feels is perfectly acceptable because it's her "personal opinion". She has a laundry list about things she hates about her mother, yet their behavior is stunningly similar. She is desperately afraid I'll take the kids away from her emotionally or in a custody fight, yet she is blind to the fact that they're edging further and further away from her on their own, because she's more interested in controlling them than understanding them. She wants so much, but resents the world and everyone in to so much that she sits in her mental bunker and refuses to do anything constructive to get it.

Dealing with her is like knowing someone in early Alzheimer's, whose thought processes is degrading fast, but has enough lucidity left to be afraid of what they see happening but can't control anymore. She wants a rosy future and a happy relationship with me and the girls, but she can't seem to stop herself from alienating us all. When we got together, I saw a person who had the potential to overcome her past and grow as a person, but I have watched her sink further and further into the self-absorbed little bubble her mother lives in. I still care about her and don't want her to end up like that, but there's no way to convince her of what she's doing. It's very sad.

7. bluedoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I wish I was stronger.

8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I wish I had the courage to come out to everyone. And I wish that I might have a respectful and cooperative relationship with my wife after coming out so that the necessary business issues might not be more complicated than necessary.

9. CyclingFan

Well, I wish that I could come out to my parents. I don't think that this will happen, so I hope that I'll be able to maintain some relationship with my dad that is positive for us both. I haven't spoken to my mother in 4 years.

One of the things that my ex and I both really enjoyed, and really enjoyed doing together, is travel. So, I wish that we both find partners who enjoy traveling as well and I wish that maybe some day we could all take a trip together. :slight_smile:

10. karinp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What a beautiful thread this has turned into. Thank you so much to everyone who has shared so far.

11. Spaceman

I wish that I will be able to fully forgive myself for the pain I have caused my wife and the turmoil I've created in my kids' lives. I wish that my wife will forgive me so we can rebuild a friendship. Even without her forgiveness, I wish I will truly be able to love myself and know that I am deserving of being loved.

12. oldladynewlez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could grant everyones wish. I really do.

13. Biotech49

I wish I could say how I really feel without the fear of her walking away. I've said "I love you" to others only to see them vanish. So I don't say it.

14. bi2me

I wish I knew what I wanted.

15. LyndisLegion

Out Status:
    Some people
    I really liked reading everyone's posts, so adding some of my own:
    I wish I could confess to my crush at work without any repercussions.
    I wish I could show my true come out to everyone without my anxiety getting in the way. Heck, I wish I could get rid of my anxiety, full stop!:bang:

16. sagebrush

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could conquer my anxieties and fears more easily, speak my truth more openly, and live life more vitally.

17. maybgayguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish I could find the strength to discover who I am.
    I wish I could stop being so self-centered.

And of course....I wish I had a boyfriend and we could take a nice, long intimate beach vacation just the two of us. (I just had to add that)

18. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    bluedoh....don't we all wish we were stronger. Don't we wish life was easier, don't we wish that our problems would go away...but they don't, it isn't and we aren't. So we just have to do the best we can. When you don't have an answer, ask here on EC. There are probably hundreds of people here who have gone through the same thing as you. There will be plenty of things that didn't work and, with some luck, at least a few that did! EC is a fantastic resource....use it!

19. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish.....that I had the courage to ask women out instead of always assuming I will always be stuck as "the friend"

20. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I'd stop sacrificing my happiness for the sake of my current partner who does not appreciate me. I wish I had the strength to let go instead of hoping and wishing that he will change. I wish I wasn't in love with him, so he couldn't hurt me.