1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual half way out - and now I think I'm actually a lesbian

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Marie123, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Marie123

I know no one can answer this question but me. I'm mostly here for support. I realized I was actually attracted to women when I was 18. I came out to my siblings and many friends when I was 24. However, all of my serious relationships have been with men. Now I feel close to no attraction to men and I'm 30. When I'm with a man I think I like I can't orgasm. I got to thinking...my whole sexual history I only could orgasm if I was thinking about women. I would love to be in a serious relationship with a woman but men are always there trying to date me. It is so hard to meet a woman and actually click.... especially since I'm mostly in the closet still. I think I've fallen for women before who are also either in denial or don't know how to come out. Have you been in that situation where you are getting closer as friends, you don't know if they are bi or gay, but you feel there is a mutual attraction? I get scared of ruining the friendship or being judged because then this is my friend who I'm not supposed to be attracted to because she's straight - But maybe she's not...

Part of the reason I moved to the city was to date women. But I feel it is really hard to meet women... it's been 4.5 years since I moved here. I've been on dates and made out with many women but I want a relationship.....

Any tips on how to move forward dating women???? It feels impossible to me.

2. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Try something like *******. If anything you can see the single ladies in your area, even if you arent trying to look for an actual date. I did this when I came out. Just to "brush up on the social skills"
    I actually found a girl that I probably never would have approached, was completely up front with her about my situation. (there is no pressure, no promises, you can stop talking to them anytime)
    At least this way you can see if there's any possibilities out there, and you can get to know them before possibly even meeting them.

I don't appear gay, and never once got hit on by a female (except at work)

And if you decide its not for you, just delete it. :slight_smile:

3. PrairieRachel

Lol...you gotta try it I'm my heels! Lol. No one takes me serious it seems. A passionate women in this guys body and I am a lesbian! Life ain't fair! :slight_smile:

4. Nickinthemiddle

That's where I am at. I go back and forth between being absolutely sure I am a lesbian, and then being desperate not to give up my straight marriage so thinking even if I am I should just forget about being with women and stay in the closet to keep my family together. ***I am not attracted to men lalalala but why should my identity break up my family lalalala*** It sucks. You're not alone.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  6. PrairieRachel

Ditto on steroids

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I know it can be tough but perhaps if you were more out then the people you have mutual attraction with would be brave enough to tell you they like you? Is there anything stopping you coming out?
    Are there any LGBT groups in your area?