1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend reading: A Gentleman's Guide to Sex in Prison

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rawrzilla, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I thought this was a better suited for this section of the forum given that it's not precisely news and Chit Chat just didn't seem like a right fit given the mostly teenage audience. It's an article I stumbled upon about sex in prisons and the culture surrounding it behind bars. The author spent 10 years in prison so a big chunk of this counts as testimony really. he debunks common misconceptions about sex in prisons and sheds light on some mores I hadn't even imagined. It's fascinating, highly recommend you give it a read (there's a very amusing anecdote involving a Pepsi machine that... It's very amusing :grin:).

Here is an excerpt with everything even remotely related to lgbt... Stuff in the article. You can read the full thing here (Sadly, everything is from the perspective of a guy in a male's prison, so nothing on how the ladies manage on women's prisons).

2. FoxSong

Just read the whole article. Interesting reading, thanks for sharing it :slight_smile:

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

thanks. it's an interesting read. when I was a teenager, I got hard every time my parents drove us past the federal penitentiary, just thinking about the sex going on in there. weird, I know, but I was just a teenager, so what did I know!

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The biggest question I have about prisons is whether, when incarcerated, people still retain their rights to not consent or not have the medical gurus in the facility check them over. I'm talking their HIV or HepC status. No one who goes into prison negative should come back positive as a result of having non-consensual sex with someone who is. There is a line to be drawn between the privacy of someone's health information and preserving the health of other inmates. The reason I bring this up is because I remember the media following the case of a guy who went around getting girls infected with HIV. He was sent to jail and may still be there.