1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letting go of a crush

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by gogreen, Jan 24, 2015.

1. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Having a little trouble moving on. I had a nice conversation with her last weekend and invited her to an event, but it was too far for her to go. But I saw her again today and she was just so nice...

If she were interested, she'd take me up on the offer regardless of a 2.5 hour drive, right? I know she has no clue that I'm interested in "that" way, but if she felt the same I believe she would have responded.

Someone needs to slap me to get me over this. I will see her again tomorrow and then not for a long time. I don't want to waste my time mooning. But for tonight I'm drowning my sorrows in a Long Island iced tea, Italian nachos and an ice cream cookie. (Sigh)

2. lyjo

That doesn't mean she isn't interested, a two and a half hour drive is quite long. If you want to move on and think it's best for the two of you, then do. But otherwise, don't overthink everything, she couldn't make it to that event, maybe she'll accept for the next one. Also, I believe the best way to get over someone is to actually get it off your system by telling them no matter what, but that's just me.

3. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd have to come up with another idea for approaching her, and something that would get over the distance we live apart. And it would have to be tomorrow since I won't show under her again for the foreseeable future. :frowning2:. I just don't see it happening.

4. chocolate dream

I was in a similar situation not so long ago.I met a woman at a gay meet up group.We hit it off straight away and mainly chatted to each other all evening.The same happened the second time we were both there.She hasnt been since and i wont see her for a while either.Weve exchanged nos and sent the odd text now and then,but shes even admitted shes useless at texting!
    Anyway,ive got a bit of a crush on her and it was doing my head in not knowing if she felt the same way or not.So i asked her out (again,by text!).She said no but i was so glad that she responded (i asked her on Christmas Eve and she didnt reply till Boxing day) and she let me down nicely as well,that it didnt seem so bad that she turned me down.
    At the end of the day,whats the worst that can happen? I worried that she wouldnt want to be friends any more but luckily she does.And at least now,i have my answer.It was driving me crazy not knowing.
    Ive not met her since tho,so only time will tell how that goes! I decided not to tell her how much im crushing on her.Think some things are better left unsaid!
    The best way to get over it is to move on.I knew id be moping for a couple of months otherwise.Try and go out and do other things,meet other people.It will take your mind off her for a bit.Thats what im doing.

5. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks chocolate dream! She went out of her way to talk to me today, I've gone from just another exhibitor (she's a show judge) to someone she's interested in interacting with, but still at the end of the day when I asked when she'd be coming to Michigan to show, she was noncommittal. We didn't exchange numbers or contact info and shes not judging near me anytime, so I guess I have to let it go.

I assume you were clear about it being a date, and she wasn't interested? I'd have an easier time moving on if I were sure she was NOT interested, but I'm still not clear.

6. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I made it even worse for myself. now I'm really mooning....lol

7. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    it might work out you never know so just keep trying

8. offmychest

offmychest Guest

2.5 hours one way and then 2.5 hours back is a long drive and day. i wouldn't jump at the chance of doing that drive unless i was really into someone, and even then i would have to opt for spending a night somewhere (hotel) because that is too long for me to drive back especially if you are having cocktails and dinner and stuff. you'd be tired. which means that means more money for the hotel stay. for me to do that, i would have to be into that person and sure they are into me. your crush doesn't know you are into her and and you do not know if your crush is into you or just straight. i'd say the best thing to do is not to put the work on your crush and if you want to meet her, you go to her.

9. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I get the chance, I will definitely! But - she lives like 3 hour drive away, I don't have any excuse to be in that area, no excuse to call or email her when we haven't exchanged contact info, and I sent her a friend request but I suspect she is not much of a Facebook person (as are many of my older friends). So mooning for months is probably not a good plan. :frowning2:

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2015 at 09:20 PM ----------

Thanks offmychest, I think you are right. Going to try and move on. I would actually go to her, but I can't very well invite myself there without being weird, hard to explain but it's the only natural thing in my situation. So, moving on. Or trying to anyway. :slight_smile:

10. offmychest

offmychest Guest

yea i would move on. crushes are called crushes because you usually like the person and they do not like you. that's why it crushes/hurts.

its best to pick someone that 1. knows you're gay, 2. you know is gay, 3. there seems to be mutual chemistry and effort at connecting.

anything else just will lead to a no-win situation.

11. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    best way to move on....go to a class at the gym and meet several cute obviously gay girls and be reminded that there are plenty of other women, my crush is not the only possibility!! The cutest one was right in front of me, nice view. :slight_smile: