1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

orgasm - does it feel different as you get older?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by doc, Jan 25, 2015.

1. doc

doc

Hi, as a man in my mid fifties I am noticing a difference in the physical experience of orgasm. It used to build and then squirt with an enormous release. Now it feels less intense in the "release" part and, physically there is no squirting at all - more of an ooze. Is this something other men experience or is it something I should be medically concerned about? Perhaps this belongs in the health section rather than LGBT Later in Life. It is somewhat embarrassing.

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No change from teens here.

3. JerryX

JerryX Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel them stronger these days. But it could be due to the fact, that I know how to use my body to get these intense orgasms. But I´ve noticed, that the amount of sperm is not that huge any more.

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you might want to check with your GP and maybe a urologist, lots of things could cause this, from hormones to actual blockage/partial blockage of the urther, or prostate problems.

good luck

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're talking primarily about the strength of the ejaculation, you may be able to see some change in that by practicing Kagel exercises (you can Google it, they are pretty simple.) Really simple to do, the challenge is disciplining yourself to remember to do them several times a day. This will help to tone the muscles associated with ejaculation.

If you're talking about the orgasm itself (which is separate from ejaculation, actually, though most people think of the two together), then that, too, can diminish with time and age, but you can learn techniques to improve the quality of your orgasm. There isn't as much as far as really good and simple references in that department, though I know of some that are currently in development. In the meantime, Mantak Chia's book "Taoist Secrets of Love" has some useful exercises and tips in it.

Finally, it's always worth getting a check-up to make sure there isn't any physiological issue contributing to the problem, though from what you are describing, my suspicion is that it is more likely what I've described above.

6. aussielefty

how do you know the difference from an ejaculation and orgasm , I always
    thought there the same thing,at least thats how it feels for me..

7. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Chip is right, kegeling really helps.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to say precisely how they've changed over the years, since the change has been gradual. But I'm pretty sure they do feel different now. If I had to guess, I'd say they feel more "complete" now. I seem to recall my teen orgasms being awesome but they didn't seem to be as whole-body enjoyable as they are now. I think I've just gotten enough practice (and Kegel exercises) in that they're simply better now. :slight_smile:

Orgasm is the awesome feeling you get, and ejaculation is the actual expulsion of fluid. They usually happen pretty much on top of each other, so they can be hard to differentiate. But if you've worked your Kegels, you can sort of extend the orgasm. And sometimes, the orgasm hits first, and the ejaculation doesn't start until a few seconds into it.

I have actually had sex once when I had an orgasm, and didn't ejaculate at all. And not because it was my second or third round or something - it was just like that part of the process didn't happen at all. I told my partner about it, we found it weird, but we kept going. And then, a minute or two later, I ejaculated...WITHOUT an orgasm. And that was a damn weird feeling. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. aussielefty

thanks Lex, I think that last bit about having an orgasm with out the ejaculating happened the last time I was with a guy, at least thats what I think happened, I'm sure I had an orgasm, but nothing came out of my penis...

I was a little disapotened in myself but now after reading what you said, makes a bit more sense, wonder if every one has this happen from time to time?

10. tulman

When I was younger orgasms seemed to start at the front and inside of my thighs and work upward culminating with penile spasms as I ejaculated. Orgasms are farther and fewer between now and they begin and end within my penis but are still intense enough to be satisfying. I no longer ejaculate so there's no spasms but a nice long wave sensation has replaced them. I hope it continues because I still have a healthy interest in sexual activity in spite of very low testosterone levels, a result of treatment for prostate cancer.

11. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say that overall, the quality of my orgasms has diminished, but there are definitely times when my orgasm is more intense than usual (or less, for that matter). I think it's always been that way.
    What interests me is that the guy I'm seeing now, age 56, has orgasms that approach a seizure. His whole body is racked, over and over, sometimes for as long as two or three minutes. The lightest touch anywhere on his body will provoke another spasm, and he never seems to mind, whereas I can't bear to be touched after I come, I am just too sensitive by then. He is the only person I've ever been with that has orgasms like this. Has anyone else experienced it?

I should add that the first time this happened, it was quite startling, and I was concerned that he was in fact having some kind of seizure.

12. Highlander2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it has changed. When I was with my wife, yes they were intense but in a more short culminating burst but as I've got older (from late 30's) and especially now with guys, it seems to build deep inside - almost feeling it building in my prostate and it's explosive but repetitive. Maybe two or three times quickly so definitely more intense and a bit like a head explosion. Not complaining - nor does he :wink:

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A direct question about mechanical things requires a direct answer.

Yes.

When in my teens and twenties, I would have some ejaculations that went far. Not all of them, but some.

Now, not as many have that pronounced spurting action. Also, I am content to have fewer of them (orgasms) in any given "situation." Isn't that awful?

I will add that how strong of a spurt is emitted is definitely linked to how hot I think the other person is and how in synch and heated the sexual encounter is.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine have actually gotten more pronounced on average. That's those Kegels coming back into play. :slight_smile:

Not in the slightest. Orgasms are awesome, no question. But sex is a journey, not a destination. If I have an hour-long session with a guy with three orgasms, or one, or none at all, it doesn't matter at all as long as we both had an awesome time, right? :slight_smile:

The only thing I can reliably link mine to is the length of time since the last orgasm, as well as how long the current orgasm has been "building". If it's been a few days, and we've been going at it for half an hour or more, there's definitely going to be some distance. :slight_smile: But I've had encounters where I felt unbelievably turned on, and the orgasm has been (visually) pretty underwhelming.

Lex

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What an interesting way to put this, and I mean it. The only thing I'm scratching my head about is if this would the case for the person looking to score and get off, and whether the encounter is the journey ... or that m.o. is the journey, along with any preceding or subsequent m.o.s, if any. It's more of a "head scratcher" that I don't even think has an answer.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2015 at 05:02 PM ----------

Yes, this can happen. A lot of variables would explain how it all shakes out.

#15 Tightrope, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I've met guys who just want to "bust a nut". But they've always kind of confused me. I mean, if all I cared about was an orgasm, I've got two functioning hands and an overactive imagination. I don't need another person just to get the orgasm. :slight_smile:

Lex

17. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my case, yes it has gotten different as I have gotten older. The fluid volume is generally lower, and it is the fluid being pushed through your contracted testicles which causes part of the sensation of the orgasm, so that makes perfect sense. It also takes longer to get an erection going, and the erection is not as firm or spontaneous as it was when I was much younger.

I have also noticed that it helps to do some "edging" several times earlier in the day; this seems to build up fluids somewhere, so that when the orgasm is eventually allowed to occur, there is more fluid, and thus a greater sensation of orgasm. It also seems to help when the situation is more "erotic" at the time of the orgasm, rather than just some mechanical stimulation with someone or some thing you do not find all that "sexy". If you have an emotional intensity about what you are doing, the orgasm is more intense.

While this is all expected, and not necessarily positive, I remember what John Irving wrote about a dancing bear in several of his novels. "The amazing thing is not that the bear doesn't do a minuet, the amazing thing is that the bear dances at all."

Be happy about what you have, not sad about what you have lost.